Il Sen Pres Pushes Near Total Gun Ban

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

Il Sen Pres Pushes Near Total Gun Ban

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:24 pm

***I know this is regional...for now...but this needs to be seen by as many eyes as possible! Thes people have been waiting in the wings for a tragedy like Sandy Hook for a LOOONG time, and they are taking advantage of it to the max. The Constitution be damned!!!***

URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS.

1. Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose Cullerton’s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.

2. Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members. Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you belong.

4. Join or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends and family to join as well.

5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make a donation on-line here , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. If you would like to mail or fax a donation, we have a printable form here .

If you're not an ISRA member, now is the time. You can join on-line , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. You can download a printable application form here .
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

fr0sty

Re: Il Sen Pres Pushes Near Total Gun Ban

Postby fr0sty » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't believe this has a snowball's chance of passing. Let's say it does though. Do you think it would survive a supreme court challenge? No, it won't.

Nothing wrong with keeping alert on this type of activity, but in my opinion it's more political grand standing that serious threat to the second amendment.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm

I agree that it will never pass in this form, but why not be on guard? I have absolutely ZERO faith in these people. It's much better to be PRO-active than RE-active. As far as I'm concerned ANY additional laws that only impact those of us that are already law abiding are irrelevant and meaningless.

Doing nothing on our part is exactly what these people want. Politicians are basically numb to anything but the "squeeky wheels" who call their offices and write letters/emails. So let's do some squeekin'!!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Totally agree.

Woods Walker wrote:I agree that it will never pass in this form, but why not be on guard?

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Wow I can`t believe my luck all my guns were stolen just last week on Christmas eve.
Jolly old fat fella called himself Santa as he rode outta sight.

The way RHINOS are rolling over in Washington this week even if this does`nt make it through in the next 2 years. we`ll have no firewall left Jan 2015 the house will flip to DEM control. Guess I better start pushing my state reps to get wooden spears and slingshots worked into the legal weapons lists I`m betting I`m not going to be happy with the 900 legal guns Dianne will allow us peasants to kill game with. I`ll keep fighting though.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Well it looks like we won this round...for now. But stay ready to make those calls and write those emails because this is just beginning.

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-regio ... f887a.html
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 am

I knew they would try again, but this is even fast for them!!!!

Well that didn't last long! These anti-Americian politicians are on a mission!

LATE BREAKING ALERT – NEXT VOTE ON SEMI AUTO BAN WILL TAKE PLACE SUNDAY
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

After getting nowhere in the Senate, the gun controllers have taken their campaign to destroy your rights to the Illinois House. Earlier today, Amendment #1 to SB2899 was introduced in the Illinois House of Representatives. Sponsored by rabidly anti-gun Rep. Eddie Acevedo, the amendment would do two things to you:

1. It would pick your pocket to pay for the confiscation and destruction of your own guns.

2. It would ban more than 50% of the rifles and more than 80% of handguns owned by Illinois citizens.

THIS BILL WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE HOUSE JUDICIARY 1 COMMITTEE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON – YOU MUST ACT NOW!

To help save your guns, please contact the following Representatives and politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you do not support SB2899 and that you expect them to vote the amendment down.

1. Rep. Elaine Nekritz,. (217) 558-1004 and (847) 257-0450

2. Rep. John Bradley, (217) 782-1051 and (618) 997-9697

3. Rep. Jill Tracy, (217) 782-8096 and (217) 223-0833

4. Rep. Michael Connelly, (217) 782-8028 and (630) 579-4848

5. Rep. Dwight Kay, (217) 782-8018 and (618) 307-9200

6. Rep. Lou Lang, (217) 782-1252 and (847) 673-1131

7. Rep. Sid Mathias, (217) 782-1664 and (847) 222-0061

8. Rep. André M. Thapedi, (217) 782-1702 and (773) 873-4444

9. Rep. Arthur Turner, (217) 782-8116 and (773) 277-4700

10. Rep. Ann Williams, (217) 782-2458 and (773) 880-9082

11. Rep. Michael Zalewski, (217) 782-5280 and (708) 442-6500

REMEMBER – THE AMENDMENT TO SB2899 WILL BE VOTED ON IN COMMITTEE SUNDAY AFTERNOON – START CALLING THESE REPRESENTATIVES BEGINNING SATURDAY AND CONTINUE CALLING THRU SUNDAY
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:09 pm

So, did it pass?

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Near as I can tell, it doesn't say anything about guns. I only skimmed it though. Assuming this is the correct link.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus. ... ssionID=84

Edit to add this link. Makes more sense with this one. Haven't heard on any vote though..

http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.as ... 11&Session

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

No, it did not pass in the House.

BUT........this was a lame duck session and the new House will be seated sometime this week, so look for it to be reintroduced.

Gov. Quinn and Chicago's Mayor Emanuel are like "The Terminators" of gun control and they will stop at NOTHING, including the Constitution.

We're in for a real dogfight. This will get ugly.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Next

Return to General Discussions