IL Sen Durbin: 10 Rounds "Generous"

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

IL Sen Durbin: 10 Rounds "Generous"

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Our illustrious US Senator Dick Durbin (D) stated in a recent radio interview in regards to magazine capacity that,

"...."we should limit it to 10 and even that is a generous limitation" ...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/976-a ... sue-title/ (6 minute mark)

"WE"??? "LIMIT"??? Didn't this man take an oath to defend and protect the Constitution of The United States? Doesn't he understand that our right to self defense WITH ARMS is NOT a government privilege to be granted or taken away at their whim like a fishing license, but an inalienable birthright?

But in a way I'm glad he said it, because it illustrates EXACTLY what people like him really believe.....that we have no individual right to self defense, and that any privilege's (in his perspective, not mine) that we do have are granted at the behest of political officials like himself. If today Senator Durbin grants us a 10 round limit, then what's to stop him from saying next time that it should be 3, or 1? The answer is NOTHING will stop him. In his mind it's up to him and others who "know better" than us what it will be.........and he's dead wrong. We either have the right, or we don't. And there is no middle ground. A compromise today merely sets the precedent for more loss of our rights tomorrow.

Neither he, nor anyone else can "grant" me what I already have had since birth....
Last edited by Woods Walker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bobow

Re: IL Sen Durbin: 10 Rounds "Generous"

Postby bobow » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

This guy makes me want to hurl. He was against abortion before he was for it.

I would love to take that smirk off his face with a 2x4. I just can't stand to listen to these clowns anymore.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Now, now Bo......let's play nice. Put the 2X4 away and let's just vote the #@!$^ out of office next time around!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 am

Woods Walker wrote:Now, now Bo......let's play nice. Put the 2X4 away and let's just vote the #@!$^ out of office next time around!!!

And vote another $@$@$ in?

Something more has to be done. Clearly our elected are only looking out for their best interest......and the american people suffer for it.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 am

"Something more has to be "

A 2X6 then? :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 am

Believe me, it is not fun to realize that you actually agree with Dick Durbin on something. We are living in strange times my friends.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 am

OK J'per.....I'll bite......and I know I may come to regret this......But just how is it that we AGREE with Durbin? :o
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 am

I believe JPH is referring to the fact that he doesn't think mag cap limits are that big of a deal... as he's stated in several other threads
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 am

Deebz wrote:I believe JPH is referring to the fact that he doesn't think mag cap limits are that big of a deal... as he's stated in several other threads

Yeah, what he said.

I am of the opinion that somewhere between, "From my cold, dead hands!" and "There is no individual right to keep and bear arms." lies some place for conversation. I don't like Durbin's politics and I do not trust him, but agree that 10 rd Mag's are more than enough for legitimate civilian use.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:55 am

So where's the limit? 10? 5? 1?

The main point is....it's not up to him, or you, or anyone else. We either have the right or we don't. What's "sane" and "reasonable" today is going to be declared "not needed" tomorrow.

The more people talk and write their thoughts, the more bad thoughts and words get spread, so why not put a limit on how many words we can write or thoughts we can express? How many words do we "need" anyway?

"Yes, Mr. Politician, thank you for spanking me with more legislation to take my birthrights from me. May I have another?" That ought to be enough.

Outlandish I know, but that's how I see it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Next

Return to General Discussions