Hunting Bag

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
huntingfreakss

Hunting Bag

Postby huntingfreakss » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 am

Deleted

Woods Walker

Re: Hunting Bag

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

Please see the topic posted at the top of the General Forum. It reads as follows.......

A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum
by Ben Sobieck » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 am

The deeranddeerhunting.com forum is not the place to advertise, market or promote your business or service. These types of posts, known as spam, are not permitted and will be deleted by the Deer & Deer Hunting administrators.

Those interested in advertising with D&DH should contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

As this is a large forum, I need help from forum members to police for spam. Don't hesitate to contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com to report violations of this forum's spam policy.

Thanks and enjoy the forum.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Woods Walker, I just happened to read this thread just to see what it was about. I had read the thread about spam, and after reading your reply to the above, I have a question. I am a member of the NAHC's testing program with StuffStuff, as such I occasionally get items to field test and keep. As part of the testing program, we write reviews of the products and earn points towards higher level items to test, especially when we post the reviews and pictures on various sites we participate on. My question is, since those reviews are independent opinions of the products tested, if I posted a review and picture, would that be considered spam? I understand that the above post was indeed spam, since this person joined the site and then posted an advertisement and link as his first post, so I'm not questioning whether or not this was a violation. I'm just not sure about the situation where I might want to post a review that isn't soliciting business, but simply providing information.........much like the forum topic down below about "deals".
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm afraid that making such evaluations is above my job description! That's a "BEN" question for sure. If he doesn't see this post then send him a PM. He's very good about answering them as long as you tip him (JUST KIDDING!!!! ;) )
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 pm

rthomas4, If you look at the bottom of the front page, you will find a whole section for gear reviews. see if what you are testing would fit in those categories. If you have any doubts, after seeing what others have done, then by all means contact Ben. from your description, That is where I would start.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Correction: Tips are encouraged and appreciated. Tens and 20s only, please. (just kidding)

Go ahead and post reviews of gear, just don't sell it. That's all.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am

Ben, thanks for the clarification. That's pretty much how I understood the FAQ, but wanted to make sure my interpretation was correct.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions