Tree Stand Up

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Sailfish

Tree Stand Up

Postby Sailfish » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Ok, I guess I'm still feeling the effects...............but what is this and how does it work......I just don't get it:

Tree Stand Up is a brilliant way to make your tree stand setup faster, easier, and safer. Simply attach to the bottom of your stand, push the spikes into the ground, and walk your stand up. No more worries about the stand twisting around and crashing on your head!

http://www.shopdeerhunting.com/tree-sta ... d=68356654
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Re: Tree Stand Up

Postby Deebz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 pm

the instructions on ladder stands and such tell you to build the stand and put the ladder together, then lay it face down on the ground in front of your tree. You pick up the top and walk in to the tree lifting the stand up as you go. The problem is, the bottom of the ladder likes to slide around and move on you as you go. Looks like these spikes are designed to keep the bottom of the stand where you want it as you walk the ladder up. Same concept as having someone stand on your toes when you're doing sit-ups.

I always just put the top part of the stand together, then lift up and add the ladder sections as I stand at the base of the tree. Works great as long as you have someone handing you the sections and helping you steady the whole works.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I do something similar on ladder stands. i put the foot of the ladder against the tree, and walk it up intact, then as the seat section is against the tree, I lift the stand up slightly, and walk the legs back out from the tree, just like you would do, while standing up an extension ladder. The tree itself, holds your ladder steady. Then add the lower stabilizer bar, and if it has two, then do that one. once the stabilizers are solid, then climb up enough to strap the chair section in place. I add an extra ratcheting cargo strap (camo of course) to lock down the seat section, where it bites into the tree. then brush-in, and customize. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Oy, do I feel dmub! LADDER stand

I haven't used a ladder stand. Just climbing sticks and stands. So I kept picturing sticks, and was like "???"
:lol:
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 am

WOW! You really were sick! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 am

When I hunted from ladder stands I used to put a piece of 2X6 under the bottom rung so that the stand wouldn't have that heart stopping "slip" when you climbed it in the dark. The only positive about that was if you weren't quite a awake yet you darn should would be after that!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to General Discussions