New Huntef Need Help?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Msmithe21

Re: New Huntef Need Help?

Postby Msmithe21 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I took my bow hunters ed course today. MAN OHH MAN was that informative they literally covered everything I needed to know about deer hunting in 10 hours and I feel comfortable knowing what I will need. I feel as though by reading I had a good base knowledge when I got there, but then they just took it to a whole another level. It was quite the experience

Msmithe21

Postby Msmithe21 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:48 am

I know this is off topic, but do any of you guys hunt turkey in the spring and do you like too? I thought about maybe giving it a go next spring, but I dont know if I should because I usually bass fish around May, but I might give it a shot cause I usually bass fish at night anyway. Just looknig for some input any help is appreciated.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:10 am

My turkey season is from March 15th to May 1st. I usually get over run with turkeys from May 5th to March 13th, then can't find a bird during the season! Just this spring, on the 6th of May, after the season had been over for 5 days, I had a big gobbler within 30 yards of my kitchen door! Only heard two gobblers the entire season, and both of them were about 1/4 mile away on property I can't hunt!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Msmithe21

Postby Msmithe21 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:36 pm

That's the thing to is it's only a short season for us in NH May 3rd-May 31st so I feel as though I am not missing out on much. Also you can only hunt them half hour before sunrise till noon which for me being in school doesn't necessarily work. Instead I go bass fishing and sometimes scouting for deer season. I was just thinking turkeys might be worth it,but I am starting to think they wont be worth it and I should just stick to fishing for those big spawning large mouth.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 am

Nothing quite like calling a big gobbler in and getting an opportunity to kill him. It takes a lot of effort to sit still and get one close enough to kill. It can also be the most exasperating hunting in the world, since hens, 'yotes, or even another hunter can easily distract a smart old bird and keep him hung up just out of shooting range..........if you're lucky enough to get one even that close.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Previous

Return to General Discussions