The only good reason to hunt less...

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Deebz

The only good reason to hunt less...

Postby Deebz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 am

Hey All,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I probably won't get to hunt as much as I had hoped this season. However, I'm not that upset about it. My wife gave birth to an absolutely beautiful little baby girl on 9/10/13. My wife has a couple of medical issues that we were worried about, but everything went perfectly and basically normal. We named her Oaklyn Ann, and she already has her first camo outfit! I can't wait to start getting her into the outdoors with me and my wife.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Re: The only good reason to hunt less...

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 am

Congrats and glad to hear your wife and the baby are doing well. BTW she was born on my 60th birthday.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

Very cool!
Congrats!
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:18 am

Congrats! You gonna call her Annie Oakley for short?;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 am

Congrats Deebz! Glad to hear everything ended well. Good to see you back on the forum!
Semper Fidelis!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Congratulations on the addition!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:44 pm

congrats ..... another hunter in the making i assume ...
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Congratulations to you & your wife. What a great blessing from God.
Your best hunting days are yet to come when you get to take her hunting & no matter if you get anything or not you will always have the memories.
My son who is 28 has taken off hunting for a few years due to his other hobby, is going to gun hunt with me this year & I am getting all excited as much as I did when he was younger.
We have many great memories together & hopefully we will m,ake more this year.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks guys! I know I'm jumping the gun, but I'm already thinking about how I can modify my hunting strategies to accomodate my daughter. I'm blessed in that my wife hunts also, so we are definitely looking forward to some quality family time in the field.

Kell: That's the first thing my mom said when we told everyone her name! My reply was, "Well, if people are gonna call her Annie Oakley I guess I'll just have to teach to shoot just as good!"
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Works for me, deebz. My sister can't shoot anything with a face (her words) but could give lessons in shooting. She is a much better shot that I. Start with targets, and make it fun, get her interested and safety conscious early on, and train her right....as I am sure you will.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Next

Return to General Discussions