Hey guys help me out! What do you think?!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
amancini

Hey guys help me out! What do you think?!

Postby amancini » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am

Hey guys i got a quick question..plan on going out for the night hunt on friday and not sure which stand to sit in..i know early and late season you would always want to hunt your food sources however, i also know you always want to sit in between the beds and the food source so im not sure if i should sit in the swamp that they bed in or the corn field..generally i know the corn field would be the answer however this past year our corn had been cut very early due to it all being bad..would the deer still be grazing in this field? Or are they only going to eat acorns and i should be sitting in the swamp? Let me know what you guys think! By the way, its early bow season up here in ny!

rthomas4

Re: Hey guys help me out! What do you think?!

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 am

I don't know about yankee deer; but I'd find a travel corridor between the two areas and set up, down here. Of course, I hunt food plots and bait locations when I'm sitting in a tree stand with a rifle, if I'm not sitting near a good acorn or chestnut drop area.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm

If there's not much corn in the field for them to graze on, I'd try to focus on a travel corridor somewhere between bedding and natural forage. If you've got acorns dropping, the deer are most likely going to prefer that to corn anyway...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Don't forget to consider the wind. If the wind is right for one place over another I hunt the wind regardless.
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Return to General Discussions