Opener Heebie Jeebies

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Opener Heebie Jeebies

Postby shaman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 am

I've got the Heebie Jeebies. KY's Rifle Opener is a week from tomorrow. I found myself in a swizzle this morning.

I've hit every weather site I can think of looking for a forecast for next weekend. I'm driving myself nuts. Accuweather, had rain. Now it has cold. I never believe a word they say, but I need to stick with weather.com. There's just came out, and it looks perfect.

I nearly pulled the trigger on some Pete Rickard's Old Indian Buck Lure. It was a panic buy. I just felt like I needed something. They were going to ream me on shipping so I was able to snatch myself back to reality.

I'm jonesin on what to do with my deer rifles. I've been busy with other things, and I'm still not completely sighted-in.

I'm fretting over where to put Angus and Mooseboy. They are planning on hunting together this year, but the two of them are too big to fit together in a buddy stand.

I've rubbed my forehead raw knocking over saplings. I nearly lost my job today scraping up dirt on the edge of the parking lot and . .

What am I to do?
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Deebz

Re: Opener Heebie Jeebies

Postby Deebz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

Breathe deep and remember... the deer will still be so confused over DST that you should be able to just walk on out to the field and club one or two over the head....
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks Deebz. I needed that. The thought of clubbing a deer got me to stop hyperventilating. I can put the paper bag down.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Hang in there, before you know it season will be over and you'll be jonesin for the next 10 mos :D

You know what gets me? No matter what for archery, i cannot sleep the night before. Wierd.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm

I'd forgotten about the Heebie Jeebies. I'd had them a couple of times already this year...it was great to have that feeling again.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am

Okay. I think I'm good for now. I went down to camp over the weekend and puttered endlessly. I made sure Moose, Angus and I had a flashlight, two changes of underwear and socks, etc. I toured all the stand to make sure everything was okay after the big wind storm on Halloween. I sighted in three rifles. I scouted with Angus until my feet blistered. I mowed one last time. I . . .

. . . I came home threw myself in the chair and was falling asleep trying to watch football.

BTW: KYHillChick called me Saturday night. There was an 18 pointer (!) roaming the neighborhood back home, trailing a doe. I spent some time out driving on Sunday afternoon after I got back home, rolling up and down streets looking for him to no avail.

Return to General Discussions