My first buck

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Topdogg

My first buck

Postby Topdogg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:04 am

I got my first buck last night and he is a beast in my eyes! He was chasing 3 does that wanted nothing to do with him, so I grunted and he came my way. It was almost last shooting light so it was hard to see through my peep sight. My first shot was at 10myards and I missed, but for some reason he barely flinched. I was able to load another arrow while he walked around my stand. Then he gave me another shot, this time broadside, the first was quartering towards..which is a tough shot for me anyways. The second shot didnt miss although I hit him a little back and a bit high. He took off like a bolt of lighning. Me and a buddy waited an hour because I wasnt sure of the shot placement, that big fella ran all through the woods, he even ran outta the woods and then back in. Probably ran 300 yards or so, and finally died right beside a creek bed. When we finally found him I was excited and then when we looked at his rack I about crapped my pants. 13 pointer with a little kicker. I dont know how big the kicker has tombe to count as a point, but it doesnt matter. I feel like a kid at christmas. Imjust wanted to share that with you all. I tried to attach a pic but it says the file is invalid...ill keep trying
Attachments
j0z96h.jpeg
j0z96h.jpeg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
rk304w.jpeg
rk304w.jpeg (82.73 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
Last edited by Topdogg on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hunthard2

Re: My first buck

Postby hunthard2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 am

Congrats! I'd say that's a monster in anyone's eyes!

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:21 am

hunthard2 wrote:Congrats! I'd say that's a monster in anyone's eyes!

Thx....I wish I could figure out how to put up the pics

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:38 am

Congratulations. Down here in the South we've always said if you can hang a ring on it and it stays, it's a countable point.

As for you picture problems. Go to tinypics, click on browse and download the picture from your computer. Then for the size, select the 640x 480 and download to tinypics. Once the download is complete, there will be four lines of options for connecting your picture to another site. click on the second line so that it turns black, right click and copy, then come here and paste. That's all it takes to get your picture on here, when the attachment function doesn't want to work for you. I've stopped even using the attachments and just gone to using tinypics on this and several other sites due to the simplicity.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:10 pm

rthomas4 wrote:Congratulations. Down here in the South we've always said if you can hang a ring on it and it stays, it's a countable point.

As for you picture problems. Go to tinypics, click on browse and download the picture from your computer. Then for the size, select the 640x 480 and download to tinypics. Once the download is complete, there will be four lines of options for connecting your picture to another site. click on the second line so that it turns black, right click and copy, then come here and paste. That's all it takes to get your picture on here, when the attachment function doesn't want to work for you. I've stopped even using the attachments and just gone to using tinypics on this and several other sites due to the simplicity.

Thx...that worked perfectly

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Well done, sir. Well done, indeed.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:12 pm

kellory wrote:Well done, sir. Well done, indeed.

Thank you...im still feeling good about that one

MZS

Postby MZS » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Wow, what a buck! Congratulations!

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm

MZS wrote:Wow, what a buck! Congratulations!

Thx :D

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:48 pm

That is some first Buck!!!! That will be hard to beat in the future. Trophy hunters would hunt a life time for one like that. GOOD JOB ;) ;)
Doug

Next

Return to General Discussions