wolves trained

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
mnslayer

wolves trained

Postby mnslayer » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:54 pm

OK last year after shooting a buck I was followed by a wolf that another hunting member shot and tagged. This year I shoot a large doe 160 to 180 yrds out watch her drop and not get up so after waiting 20 min for shooting hours to close I climb down to field dress her, but when I got there she was gone. Tracked drag marks going into the state park , no guns allowed, so trailed a little ways without gun but was getting too dark. Tracked it down first thing in the morning to find it consumed by wolves. Seems that the gun shot has become the dinner bell these wolves are well trained.

Retranger

Re: wolves trained

Postby Retranger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:20 am

Yup,,, can't leave your deer over night in our area,,,,the coyotes will have it by the time you come back. A buddy of mine arrowed a deer, an hour and a half to find it and the coyotes had a hind quarter gone.
Doug

rthomas4

Re: wolves trained

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Yep, no wolves down here, but the same problem with the 'yotes. The only deer I've had to go back and look for the following morning was the big buck my brother killed. Luckily, it died within about 40 yards of someones back yard dog pens, so thankfully the 'yotes didn't get the deer. However; he had the rack drying on a picnic table on his patio and evidently a 'yote managed to take the rack!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions