Who's In Charge Here?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

Re: Who's In Charge Here?

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:34 am

I don't have that problem kell. But I only have a dumb phone (maybe not so dumb!).

Then again, it could be that micro-chip they secretely implanted in you for Obamacare when you went in for your last check-up.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 am

Sorry to hear about your frustration Kellory. Take a deep breath and hang in there. Technology is just messing with you.
My wife is always on me to get a new phone, but I resist. Mine has two functions...receives calls and sends them.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 am

Woodsie, a smartphone, is in essence, a miniature computer, with as much computing power as most computers from the last few say the last 5 years. It is possible to pick up a bug, and I am checking into that possibility, but it is only active on this site. and only by phone access.
If this problem is unique to me, then it is likely in my phone, but if others are getting the same thing (started with the recent new look and the DDH logo) the the site is doing it, (That would be why I asked)
If this is a tech problem on my end, I will solve it, but if the Site is doing it, I can not solve it, and will not put up with it. It makes phone access, almost impossible. :evil:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Hey Kell,

I often check the forum using my Samsung Galaxy S3. The only time I've ever had an ad pop up is on the d&dh home page. I don't have any issues with opening my unread posts on my phone via the forum page.

Hope you get it figured out without having to give up the forum
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I do as well, I happen to like it here. but when every button push brings on yet another ad, I've had enough. The ads started when the DDH logo changed. I will find out if it is a site problem, or a phone problem, soon. If this is some new revenue string of D&DH.com, it is the kiss of death. It leaves me very frustrated and angry. I do not come here to get angry. There are way too many things to be angry about , in daily life.
There are no ads by computer until I sign out as a member, but by phone, it is nearly impossible to even read new posts. :evil:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:15 pm

I downloaded and ran, "Malwarebytes" for android phones. Nothing in the way of malware was found. However, the ads stopped yesterday, (this has happened before) So it is wait and see time now. :(

Rocky Landsverk

Postby Rocky Landsverk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:57 am

hello all. More help is on the way.

I'll be monitoring this site, in addition to Alan and the other staffers, moving forward. We went through a bit of a transition on our digital staff.

I apologize for the spam problems of the past few months. We will get them corrected now, with more eyeballs on the problem.

We'll also rebuild and recommit support to our Pro Staff to assist.

I've been cleaning out some spam today. please let me know if you find any within existing Posts -- that is harder to find than a new thread.

thank you.
Rocky Landsverk
Online Product Manager
DeerandDeerHunting.com

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Kellory:

You outta download something like Adblock Pop-up Blocker for your phone. I run ABP and I get zero ads.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:24 pm

The last two days have been ad free.I do not know why, but it just stopped. It was very bad, then nothing.

As for spam, unless you have cleared it, the crossbow forum is still trashed from more than a year ago.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 am

Rocky, I posted a thank you, yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared! I also mentioned that I recently downloaded Mozilla's Bluehell ad blocker to my Firefox browser and that absolutely helped to speed up this site and eliminated the ad problems. It really helped tremendously with the nefarious NAHC site and it's slow speed due to all of the pop up ads.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions