Who's In Charge Here?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

Re: Who's In Charge Here?

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:01 am

And now the ads start again. It was a home depot ad that locked me up this time. Can't do a #&@% thing until it releases you. Some are coke ads, McDonalds ads, ext.
I only get crapped on like this HERE. And only by phone. But since my computer has died, that means every time I'm here. There was a lull, with no ads, and this morning I got crapped on again.
:x
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Pandora jewelry, really.how is that any better than uggs boots and women's purses? These ads are clearly site generated. They open above the DDH logo, and take over until they run their course. Then and only then can I read the next post. This only effects my smart phone, not my computer, and I have had enough. :x
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:00 am

Makes me glad I have a dumb phone! Don't see the point in having a phone that thinks it's smarter than me in the first place.

Sounds to me like you need to get rid of that smarty pants phone kell!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:46 am

No, it means I will no longer participate by phone at all. I have had enough. It has to be site software, because it rolls the page down, and plays above the DDH logo, and takes over until it has run it's course. This is not something I have ever seen in any kind of pop up or spam ware. i have run antivirus, and malware programs for phone, and come up clean, and it ONLY HAPPENS HERE! There are ads for McDonalds, homedepot,jewelry stores, and half a dozen other sources, and they all play the same, so it has to be coming from the site. :evil: in between EVERY POST! In between EVERY CHANGE OF FORUM! EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE! This is completely asinine !!!
I had just %6 battery left last night, when I posted, and could not get around the blasted ads! This is theft of my data package as well. I will not play this game any more.
While I am on a rant, I have 6 PM's posted for Big Ben waiting to report SPAM as requested. They are STILL IN MY OUTBOX, AND UNCOLLECTED!!! Why do I bother trying to help clean up this site,? :evil: :( :?:

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:34 am

Kellory, could it be your actual service provider that's spamming your cell phone? I had a similar problem with my internet provider until I went in and opted out of all of the market directed advertising. BTW, my service provider is CenturyLink and they love advertising.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:16 am

No, rthomas4, I don't believe it can be my provider, for all the reasons I listed above. It does not act like any pop up ad. it alters the site page. It does not sit on top of the page to be dismissed, it rolls the page down, then plays like a movie in the space above the DDH logo, every time. This has to be site software, and it is making me very angry. It's theft of my data package, theft of my time, theft of my battery juice, and I will not accept it! :evil:

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:03 am

Take a deep breath Kellory. It's Christmas.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Take a deep breath Kellory. It's Christmas.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well. It angers me, because I have asked openly several times if this is something the site is responsible for, and I have heard absolutely nothing in response. So I have to figure it out by the evidence. And as I spend time and money (literally) figuring it out by myself, I'm being ripped off, and I don't like it.
There are several members here today, because i got them interested in this site. I like it here, but there seems to be no one at the helm much of the time.i would like to think that helping new hunters learn, and spreading tips between hunters, doing write-ups on gear, and correcting errors, would have a bit higher priority to a hunting COMPANY than that. If we are to pass on the knowledge, and practices that make hunting what it is now, and what it was before, then would that not have some value for all hunters? Or are we here just to pat each other on the back and look at each other's pics? I think what we do here, is kind of important to the sport as a whole, and I make time to show up when I can, and help where I can. Even if that just means spotting and reporting spam, or helping with someone else's tracking issues.
It was even suggested to me, that I should take up the mantle of the Ohio Stump-Sitter, since our's has not posted in more than a year. (can you even name him?) I felt I might be a bit too volatile for the position, and suggested You might fill that role, Ohio Farms. as a calmer person.
Either way, this site needs some upkeep, and some leadership.

And if the site I care about, can leave me hanging in the breeze like this, for a marketing gimmick, then I have reason to be angry. :evil:

MZS

Postby MZS » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Just a guess, but perhaps this site has a mobile version of the site that inserts the ads in between, since the phone does not leave much room for ads to the side of each post that you would see on a regular computer. Bigger sites (that can afford it) are going that route - they detect that you are on a mobile device and give you that version of the site. Personally, I don't use a mobile phone for web browsing. My only cell phone is an $8 a month trac phone that is lost half the time.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 am

MZS, you sound like you use the cell phone about as often as I do. I'm supposed to have one with me at all times according to Doctor's orders, but usually it's in my truck and never turned on. I'm not much for telephone conversations, and don't understand texting, or using the phone for anything other than a necessary means of communication. Mine does come in handy for the built in camera, when my regular cameras batteries have died. Other than that I'm not going to pay extra fees to the Verizon for any of the add on apps, and crap that's available. It even irks me, when people send me a text that I have to pay for! No way I'd invest in one of those new fangled "smart phones", since I'm not smart enough to figure out how to operate the damn thing!
I guess, some of us, especially those of us who remember party lines and ring tones for different house holds, don't have much use for these modern day telephones and the technology that goes with 'em. Hell, it took me long enough to get used to using a computer, and thankfully I already knew how to type from the old days of using a Remington type writer that had to have the ribbon changed every so often.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions