Shopping time!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Retranger

Re: Shopping time!

Postby Retranger » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Very nice Killory!!! :) :)
Doug

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 am

kellory wrote:
Sierra wrote:Well things are looking grim here. I can't get a hold of the landowner where I have been hunting. I don't presume to have permission year to year, I ask for each season, and I am not going to go out there to hunt without word from him. (They've bought a house in Florida and live there most of the time now). Getting a little short on time here for me to have to quickly find somewhere else to go. So I am one depressed woman at the moment. I hope I hear from him or his wife, but otherwise I'll be stuck trying to find a square foot of public land to myself, that I am unfamiliar with. Wish me luck. The wedding and everything surrounding it kinda threw a wrench into my normal pre-season scouting activities and stuff.

If you get stuck with no place to hunt, give me a call. The place is only 9 acres, but I could put you on the other end from me in one of two ladder stands.( at least until you got written permission from your normal hunting spot.)

Thank you Kellory. I did get permission finally, they wanted to make sure I was not hunting when others were there, so I will have the place to myself again. I really appreciate you offering! I am thinking ahead to next year and going to discuss that with the land owners, as I plan to hunt bow and muzzle loader as well next year.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:16 am

Ohio farms wrote:Actually Sierra I retired in 09 after 34 yrs as an RN, so yes I have the whole week off. I won't hunt every day, but I will put in a lot of hours. I'm ready to go. I hope the opener does not bring rain. There was a covering of snow in the woods today and it would be great if we have that Monday. Good luck...have fun.

Best of luck to you as well and I hope you have a great time. And yeah, rain would be awful. Dealt with some of that last year. The weather as it is works for me. My husband bought me new insulated waterproof camo hunting overalls. He's so sweet he buys me stuff for hunting and for my weapons. :-)
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 am

"Best of luck to you as well and I hope you have a great time. And yeah, rain would be awful. Dealt with some of that last year. The weather as it is works for me. My husband bought me new insulated waterproof camo hunting overalls. He's so sweet he buys me stuff for hunting and for my weapons." quote..Sierra
Sounds like your husband know how to treat a woman. Nothing says "I love you" like new hunting equipment. (:
NE Ohio weather looks good for the opener with cold temps and dry weather. Some snow on Sunday will be good too. Good luck.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Previous

Return to General Discussions