R.I.P. Jay Leggett

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

R.I.P. Jay Leggett

Postby shaman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/11/26/in-living-color-actor-jay-leggett-dies-at-50/?intcmp=features

"We're here, we're healthy, we're hunting. We're home."

That's what comic actor Jay Leggett told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in 2010 while out on a hunting trip with a reporter to promote his documentary "To the Hunt: Deer Season in Tomahawk, Wisconsin" about the region's deer hunting culture.

On Saturday, the "In Living Color" actor died doing what he loved best, hunting in northern Wisconsin.

Leggett died after collapsing on the first day of deer season, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

He was 50.

READ MORE: QA with Leggett on love of deer hunting.

Leggett's death is believed to be heart-related, but the coroner says the official cause of death is still pending.

The actor died at the family cabin in Tomahawk, Wis., where he grew up. Though Leggett lived in Los Angeles, he frequently returned to Tomahawk, where he filmed his 2010 documentary.

"It's my favorite place on earth," Leggett told the paper.

In addition to "In Living Color," Leggett appeared in "Ally McBeal" and "NYPD Blue." He also wrote and produced "Employee of the Month" and "Without a Paddle."

-TVGuide.com contributed to this repor
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Ohio farms

Re: R.I.P. Jay Leggett

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Sad to have died that young.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Yes it is, but I can't think of a better way to go than doing something you love in a place that you love.

Beats hell out of dying in a hospital after months or maybe years of strokes or God forbid cancer. I watched my mother and father go in just that manner.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 pm

That's true Woods, but I'd rather die doing something that I love in a place that I love when I'm in my 80's not my 50's. I do agree that dying with your boots on is the way to go.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 am

Woodsie, I am 50 now, and could be shot while hunting, and die doing something I love, but somehow, that idea just has no really appeal for me. That alone, is not enough.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 am

When I was younger I used to say the best way to go would be to die in bed while engaged in amorous activities with a gorgeous redhead. Now that I'm 60, those days are past, and after having come close a couple of times, I believe I'd just prefer to die in my sleep.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 am

If I had a say in it all, I would want to die before my wife. I cannot imagine waking up in the morning without her. And please, please do not let me out live my children.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Ditto on that Ohio. My parents had to bury my younger brother and as a parent I cannot imagine anything more awful than that.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:42 pm

That is most sad. My parents buried my 7 yr old sister. They were never truly the same.

Return to General Discussions