the BOSS

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

the BOSS

Postby Homunculi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:08 pm

the boss took me off guard today ...

always when hunting season starts he complains about me taking 2 or 3 mornings a week to go out hunting ,, always saying there is work to be done .. and no time to be out in the woods ..
this year i just got my chistmas card and it was attached to a box ... he has not ever done that before
my bonuses have always been gift cards or cash ..
in the card was 4 bennies .. ... i use my bonuses to get hunting equip.. or a big ticket item for the house

and when i opened the box wrapping there was a MLB 800i trail cam ... :D
well thank to him getting me the trail cam i guess i better give 2 bennies to the mrs and use the other 2 to get a 2 man archery blind
for when the mrs wants to try her hand at deer hunting ...
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Homunculi

Re: the BOSS

Postby Homunculi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:44 am

well i must not have very good luck with trial cams ..
borrows 2 of my buddies cams ... no pics at all after a week ...
got this new cam for christmas and set it up in the same spot as the other cams.. no pics
but in the snow 10-15 feet in front of the cam there were turkey and deer tracks ..

what am i doing wrong .. followed the instructions/setup for the cams ... but no pics

and i really do not want to ask the boss for a receipt to exchange the camera ..

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Question, are you not getting any pictures at all, or just no pictures of the deer and turkeys? Are the batteries good? If so, then 1) check the point of aim for the camera, 2) check the height at which you are hanging the camera (most people tend to hang them to high on the tree), 3) check your picture options, ie. # of pictures and the interval speed between pictures, and finally 4) Moultrie cameras have a resolution setting, be sure that it's set on high. Also double check that you have set the time, date, and year correctly and that the SD card you are using isn't corrupted. Remember that you must also turn the camera off prior to removing the SD card, or you will erase all of the pictures when removing it.

Another thing, did you send in the registration card? If so, it doesn't matter where the camera was purchased, Moultrie has a great customer service department and as long as you registered the camera and checked off the fact that you received it as a gift, they will repair or replace any defective camera if you follow the directions with the paperwork that came with it and return it to their authorized service center.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:13 pm

read and followed all the instructions set the cam 30" to 36" high as per the manual ..
brand new batteries lcd read out battery life 99%
it took pics of me while hanging the cam ..

but no pics of the mineral rock i have out in front of it
turkey and deer tracks as close as 10 feet to the camera ...

on bringing the cam home i turned it off before unlocking the cable and loosening the strap ..
cam off card out and into the card reader the directories were there but no pics ...

just kind of wondering wild game innovation cam took no pics .. a primos cam took no pic ..
now a moultrie took no pics .. the other 2 were borrowed and they work they have pics by their stands

i will be checking it again in a few days to see if there is pics on it if not i guess i will be calling moultrie

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Twomore questions. Was the same SD card used in the cameras when they took pictures at the other locations, as when you had those cameras at your set up, Or, is that the same card you are using in the Moultrie that you used in the other two at your set up, instead of the other guy's cards???

If their cameras took pictures with different cards than the one you used and it's the same card you're now using in the Moultrie, it sounds like there's a problem with the card. Remember that many times the SD card must format itself to the individual camera, and if you've been using the same card in three different cameras, it probably has the card screwed up. I'm currently running 5 different cameras, and each camera has it's own designated cards. I keep 'em in cases numbered to match the camera and when I pull a card, I replace it with a card that was previously only used in that same camera. I know a plantation manager who told me that in the past, hes gotten a card mixed up and put it into the wrong camera and then had no pictures when he pulled that card. He now uses the same system I use and has all of his cameras numbered, and keeps the cards in numbered cases to match each camera, also.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Is the cam showing any pics taken on the display? Some of the cams actually have internal memory and record the pics there instead of the card sometimes...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:38 am

rthomas4
the wgi has its memory card and that is what it used .. same with the primos cam ... when i got the moultrie i bought a brand new card and it took a pic of me at my desk ..
it took no pics in the field ..
askede my boss for the recipt yesterday and took it back and fot the upgraded ver to the D-900i out it out this morning ...
followed all the instructions on set up even went so far as to set it up on my desk and walk around in the kitchen it took pics of me
went thought setup again this morning out in the woods

fingers crossed

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:45 am

Sounds like either the camera itself wasn't working, or the trigger mechanism wasn't. Either way, now you should be getting some pics, so good luck!

Return to General Discussions