are ground blinds safe

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Ohio farms

Re: are ground blinds safe

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:55 am

"I suspect age will put me on the ground soon and I will go to the pop up hub blind. ;) Not getting any younger but still getting older" :lol:[/quote]

Age does have a lot to do with it. I do wear a safety harness with my double stand, but I still feel spooked by the feeling of height. I'm pushing 68 and like you said, I'm not getting any younger either.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:16 am

Oh just another thought...for those with land...I have actually been toying with a portable ground version. Just add a bracket and wheels to the bottom frame...being able to use 2x2 framing would make it easy to roll where ever you may want...even by hand.
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm

ms nothing against your idea but we hunt in different parts of the state our terrain is completely different. Just wouldn't work in our area,,,,solid forest of hardwood, pine, spruce and balsam. Most folks in our area use ladder stands or still hunt. ;) ;)
Doug

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I'm not sure which wouldn't work for you...that's our terrain in the finger lake hills as well...but not every thing will work for everyone's needs.always good to know options though ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm

We have two home made tower blinds and a shooting house along with several ladder stands and an A-frame stand on our property, while at the hunting club we have several home made tower blinds and a couple of shooting houses...........and several of those are in the swamp. It's nice to be able to remain out of the wind and rain while hunting, not to mention sitting in a comfortable chair makes those long sits easier on the rear end.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Previous

Return to General Discussions