I missed.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Buckwhiskers

Re: I missed.

Postby Buckwhiskers » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself. Learn from your mistakes. 2012 I missed 3 shots... One with my bow, one with my rifle, one with my muzzle loader. I learned lessons each and every one of these blown opportunities in order to convert to a kill next time. 2013 I had an equipment malfunction with my bow. I had never shot the bow in the bitter cold so I was unaware of my "sticky" arrow holder, a nice 130 class buck came running in and stopped 8 yds, when I drew back the frozen arrow holder never released my arrow, I pulled the knock off the back and down went my arrow hitting every limb on the way to the dirt... Needless to say he bolted and I never saw him again. Good luck this fall and use this experience to kill the next one.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 pm

This past weekend on a doe predation hunt in Florida, I shot at four deer, and only killed one of them. I now know that I can't hit the backside of a barn when shooting free handed without a rest!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

convict charlie

Postby convict charlie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Don't forget to always account for nerves in the situation. Just calm yourself for a moment before the shot and remember to breathe properly. That may be the biggest factor. Think about most of us do get nervous to some degree. I hope I never lose that or the excitement. We all have made mistakes too. Just try and do better next time. When deer make mistakes they are probly dead. Will have more chance in the future and be better for it.

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Thank you everyone for the words of wisdom and relating to the situation. :-) I can't wait until next year to try again!
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Previous

Return to General Discussions