feeling a blade in my back

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Deebz

Re: feeling a blade in my back

Postby Deebz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:50 am

I'll be honest with you, when I first read your post I was kind of wondering why you would be so bent out of shape that your boss got busted for something that I wouldn't think would affect you at all. Your #5 makes it relevant however. That would really suck if you ended up being out of a job on top of everything else.

Regardless of how things end up, just focus on the fact that you've got your family and your health. You have the physical ability to work and to enjoy your time with your family and in the woods (whichever spot that may end up being).

If you're a praying man, just put it in God's hands. He'll take care of it one way or another. The thing is, it might seem like the completely worst and wrong thing to you right now, but it WILL all come out in the wash.

If you're not a praying man, I hope you don't mind that I say a few prayers for you and your family.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:25 am

Well said, Deebz. One of the most comforting posts I saw online recently was a picture captioned, "Relax! Nothing is in your control!". Counterintuitive, I know, but I've recently had a mess of things I have had to put in God's hands and force myself to stop thinking I can bend the will of the universe.

A lot of us has problems that some might scoff at. I do also know what it's like to reach an end somewhere and need to go somewhere new, and that is how I came to be in Ohio. It coincided with a divorce, custody fight and a job loss. So I left, and Ohio offered a fresh start an happier times. I don't think it's my place to judge what another person should handle or endure, everything is relative to the person, situation, their life experience. The only thing I ever suggest (that I have to force myself to think of too) is to consider the positives. There are always positives, no matter how difficult the situation. And nothing lasts forever. Change is constant. And what one person may view as a "first world problem" could be devastating to someone else. Perspective.

And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm

"If you're a praying man, just put it in God's hands. He'll take care of it one way or another. The thing is, it might seem like the completely worst and wrong thing to you right now, but it WILL all come out in the wash.

If you're not a praying man, I hope you don't mind that I say a few prayers for you and your family.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear"

Deebz.... i am .... every morning when i wake and every chance i get through the day ..i pray...... at work.. in the blind ... the stand ... turkey or deer ... or other game ... does not matter .. i pray ....not just for me but for the game i hunt, family, friends, and my fellow hunters ...
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Previous

Return to General Discussions