New to Hunting looking for female hunting friends in Georgia

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
missmissy

New to Hunting looking for female hunting friends in Georgia

Postby missmissy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 am

I'm 35, located in Smyrna/Vinings area and started hunting last year, shot my first doe over Christmas. I would like to find some girlfriends to share the same interests. My friends don't hunt. I have a compound bow haven't shot anything with it yet. Signed up for beginners class at Governors hunt club in powder springs. I have a son that is 6 and I want to get him into hunting too. Give me a shout!!!

1.jpg
1.jpg (43.07 KiB) Viewed 935 times

rthomas4

Re: New to Hunting looking for female hunting friends in Geo

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:46 am

I wish I knew some female hunters in your area that I could put you in touch with; but unfortunately I don't. I have a cousin in Covington, but she doesn't hunt, and my Godson and his wife live South of Rome, almost in Alabama. I'd suggest you visit BassPro and post a sign in the gun department where they have the bulletin board of hunter's pictures with their kills, also check out the Georgia Hunting magazine and see about placing a personal ad, you might even find a local all female hunting club that way.

Good Luck, and get that boy out in the woods with you. I strongly believe that it's the women like yourself who will be the source of the salvation of hunting in the future. BTW, welcome to the forum, and please don't be shy! Visit often and don't be afraid to ask questions if the need arises.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Welcome. Don't for get to check the State Section of the forum. There is one for Georgia.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

missmissy

Postby missmissy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks, I've only hunted with my boyfriend in Mississippi on his land. How does it work to hunt on public land in Georgia? Anyone have some reasonable leases in Georgia?

I posted on the Georgia forum too, thanks!

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Look up Florella Crouch in Milledgeville. I think that is fairly close to you. She is a pro at bowhunting and most hunting/fishing in general. Great lady, always glad to share her experience. She is now retired and had time and will walk most me into the ground. I am sure she is listed, tell her John Sloan sent you.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

Bowriter,
Wish I knew of her when our daughter lived in Milledgeville... But alas she didn't make it long down there...loved working and teaching at the college...but could not handle the cockroaches ,,,little scorpions or the blue anoles all over her apartment....being down there during the drought didn't help either...lol
If they have gun clubs like we do in NYS that would be a good place to find other female hunters and info on hunting places.
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to General Discussions