Can I hunt my backyard?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
stillcallsmeson

Re: Can I hunt my backyard?

Postby stillcallsmeson » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:47 pm

rthomas4 wrote:I haven't had any bait out since the end of my season, but there is still some forage left on the food plots. I'm still getting pictures of a good many does, and some bucks that are still rutting. Several of the biggest bucks have antlers that are all busted up and broken from fighting, but I'm still finding fresh scrapes and rubs, so obviously the youngest doe fawns are now coming into heat. I found one new scrape this past week that literally had a fresh steaming pile of fresh deer droppings within a foot of the scrape; obviously I interrupted that buck when I rode up to check my trail camera at that spot.

I wonder if they are still rutting here in NC??? I'm new to hunting, so I've never gone out looking for scrapes and rubs yet. I should check my property...

rjcool01

Postby rjcool01 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 am

I think you should go for it after knowing the rules of the city. Also check on the local municipality before taking the plunge.

Joe Termite

Postby Joe Termite » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Here in New Jersey they recently lowered the shooting distance for bows to 150 ft. We have too many deer living between the houses. Good for us hunters bad for the deer.
Joe Termite

GunnerJacky

Postby GunnerJacky » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 am

You must check the DNR, it is consider to be a crime to discharge a projectile weapon inside city limits or incorporated areas. In some areas there are special permits for bow hunting .

Previous

Return to General Discussions