Best Trail Camera Under 80 Bucks?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Msmithe21

Best Trail Camera Under 80 Bucks?

Postby Msmithe21 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 am

Hey guys I am looking to get a trail camera to see if I can get some pictures of some deer movement and try to pattern some deer in my hunting area. I only have an 80 dollar limit and am looking for my best option. Would appreciate it if you guys could help.

-Thanks
-Mike

rthomas4

Re: Best Trail Camera Under 80 Bucks?

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 pm

You can't go wrong with the Moultrie A-5, it's around $60.00 and available at Ace Hardware, Bass Pro, and Amazon.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

towercat

Postby towercat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:50 pm

I would go with a wild game innovations cam they have a few under $80 dollars I use them and there great.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm

towercat, would you like about 3 or 4 more? Those are the biggest pieces of junk I've ever hung on a tree. None of mine worked longer than 3 or 4 months with the possible exception of 1 that actually went 6 months. Their cameras are such crap that when I contacted them about sending one in for repair, they told me to just keep it and they sent me another one that didn't last as long as the one I tried to send back!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:04 pm

I have 1 wildgame innovations...I've had great luck with it. It takes really good video, and the range in the night pics is better than some others I've seen.

I've gotten a few blank pics, and a couple that were corrupted and just showed up as a purple blob...but that was only on days when I got like, 100 or so pics of the grass blowing because it was super windy... the corrupted pics came in the middle of a string of like 10 pics or so with the camera firing every 10 seconds...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 am

I had a moultri 3/4 years back,,, my complaint with it was the batteries. It took 6 "D" cells and they would only last a month. It took good pictures and was easy set up. It also had a viewing screen so you could see what you had in the field. It was a bit small but you could see that you had pics. It was a little large to carry very far. I then bought a bushnell trophy. It was much smaller and took "AA" batteries. You could use 4 or 8 batteries, the 8 batteries would last about a year. I usually used only 4 and would put the camera out in Aug and still had battery left in Dec. It was much smaller and took good pic/video. I now have three of them and have had no problems with them, but they are more than $80.
Doug

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:35 pm

I had one Bushnell that lasted 3 days, Took it back and exchanged it for a Moultrie. My first one was an old 35mm Spy Point that lasted several years until the rewind stopped working. My second one was a Moultrie 35mm that lasted about 5 years before it just stopped completely. My best one is my old Cuddeback Flash that uses 4 "D" cell batteries. Now I have 4 Moutries and I'm still running that old Cudde. I've had practically every brand out there that sells for $100.00 or less, and the Wildgame Nation and the Wildlife Innovations were nothing but trash. If I could afford 'em I'd own nothing but Cuddebacks; but I have to settle on the Moultries. The only problem with them is they will take pictures of moving shadows, especially on very windy days, and sometimes the night time pictures can be a bit blurry. The thing I love about the Cuddeback is the color pictures 24/7.

TrailCamGuy

Postby TrailCamGuy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Generally, trail cameras that you can buy for less than $80 will not be a good performing camera. It is better to pay a little more money and get a camera that will suit your needs and be durable. I would recommend a Moultrie M-880 8MP Low Glow Infrared Mini as a good camera at an affordable price. You can visit http://www.besttrailcameraguide.com/tra ... son-guide/ to choose the right trail camera for you.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am

Deebz wrote:I have 1 wildgame innovations...I've had great luck with it. It takes really good video, and the range in the night pics is better than some others I've seen.

I've gotten a few blank pics, and a couple that were corrupted ..but that was only on days when I got like, 100 or so pics of the grass blowing because it was super windy......

Same here I have a couple.
One finally died after 2 1/2 years in the field.

Not the greatest, but takes decent night pics, good range, and battery life.
Certainly are better quality out there. But you get what u pay for.

My pay range isn't getting me a Reconyx either :lol:
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 am

I always wondered........do people have some sort of software that runs on the internet, looks on forums and such for "key words" when the get a hit, sign up?

How do they do that?

:?:
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to General Discussions