Best Trail Camera Under 80 Bucks?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Ohio farms

Re: Best Trail Camera Under 80 Bucks?

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 pm

[quote="Sailfish"]I always wondered........do people have some sort of software that runs on the internet, looks on forums and such for "key words" when the get a hit, sign up?

How do they do that?

I was thinking the same thing Sailfish. Trailcamguy is doing exactly that x 2. I was going to give him one more post before calling him on it.

As for Wildgame cameras, I've got two that are a POS
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Just an opinion; but I believe there are folks who search for hunting sites on facebook, then sign up and attempt to spam everyone of them they can. I've seen these people ruin two other sites that I used to be active on, and one of them even resorted to closing down their forums page due to this. The really weird thing is some of them have absolutely nothing whatsoever even closely related to hunting and it's my personal opinion those people are anti-hunters who intentionally seek to destroy hunting forums.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:08 pm

For a while there this Forum was on the brink of disaster from spamming. Confirmation codes kind of solved it along with some diligence by DDH staff with some help from us. We lost a lot of active members.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Maybe I'm just dense, but I fail to understand how the confirmation codes can prevent the spammers when they're real people and not a computer program. It certainly hasn't prevented any of the spam I've seen on here since joining up. The codes have created problems with some of my posts, though. Sometimes I can enter the code, double check it to make sure it's correct, and still get a message that tells me my code was incorrect. I've even had posts completely disappear even after the code was accepted and it showed up in the thread, only later to come back and it's gone.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:56 pm

I think primarily it was computer generated spam since it infected almost everything at once. What is happening here on occasion is nothing like how it was at one time.
I noticed that too that it would say I didn't enter the code correctly, when I was sure I did.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:26 am

We got hit hard, by automated power spammers. I counted more than three hundred posts in a single night, some times. Writing codes by hand slows spammers down, and at least they can only spam one at a time.
In addition to rapid fire spamming, the machines can have multiple phone lines, and multiple personalities. One power spammer is worse than 50 animal rights activists working together to spam the same site.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to General Discussions