Spook Spann Arrested Again

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Spook Spann Arrested Again

Postby shaman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:16 pm

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24797030/celebrity-hunter-william-spook-spann-arrested

Celebrity Hunter William ‘Spook' Spann Arrested

HENRY, Tenn. – A professional hunter from Tennessee, made famous by his own hunting reality show, has been arrested again.

Officials with the District Attorney General's Office said 50-year-old William "Spook" Spann was arrested Friday morning after agents raided his Fairview home. Spann was indicted on six criminal counts Thursday.

Authorities said Spann has been accused of destroying cellphone evidence stemming from allegations of state and federal wildlife hunting violations, such as "baited" turkey hunts. They said his wife, Marty Spann, was also taken into custody in connection with tampering with evidence.

In 2013, a judge deemed that Spann had violated the terms of his probation in a federal criminal case from 2007, in which he pleaded guilty to illegally hunting and killing a deer on a hunting trip in Kansas. Spann told NewsChannel 5 he did not realize the Kansas hunting license he bought only allowed him to hunt on his personal farm.

Spann later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for a violation of the Lacy Act. He admitted killing the deer without the proper permit and taking the antlers out of Kansas.

During the raid on his home Friday, officials said a small amount of marijuana was also found in a bedroom, along with a pipe.

A warrant has since been issued for Spann's 20-year-old daughter in connection with possession of marijuana, according to officials.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Re: Spook Spann Arrested Again

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 pm

He needs to move to Coloweedo, that'd eliminate one of the charges! :roll:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:05 pm

( Spann later pleaded guilty)

Is it just me or is it a wrinkle in the matrix? I hear every news story read aloud lately using PLEADED where PLED always had been before? drives me nuts.

AS far as Spann goes.I say what Walter says...... DUMBA$$!!

At least I still know where and when to use that. :D

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 am

Actually "Pleaded" is the correct form. I tried digging for my AP style book, but then caught myself. This is no longer 1976, shaman. You can look it up on the web!

http://grammarist.com/usage/pleaded-pled/

By the way, did you know "dumbass" is relatively new to American English? It joined the language about 1970-1975.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah...Red from "That 70's Show" coined it, I think :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Spook is supposed to be such a big Christian and is involved in a lot of church sponsored events where he's the guest speaker, and he's one of the professionals who always promotes Christian beliefs and spouts Bible verses on his program and his internet site. So, is he a hypocrite, or did he piss in someone's corn flakes and they're out to get him??????????
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Look, I wasn't there. I know as much as you do. However, he's plead guilty to a bunch of stuff on a previous rap, and this was pretty much more of the same. We had a guy on here a while back, BigHorse. He was trying to get everyone all fired up that this was Big Gov trying to put an end to sport hunting. My take on it at the time was that this was EXACTLY what the Lacey Act was meant for: bagging a big one in violation of a state law and then shipping the antlers back across state lines. He fussed and fumed, but eventually he took a dose of STUFU and quieted down. Lacey is as meaningful now as back 100 years ago. It was meant to keep bigshot poachers from doing what they want in one state and then running back to their home state and telling the local wildlife LEO to pound sand.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 am

The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:49 pm

BigIron! I'm sorry. I stand corrected.

Actually, I'm thinking of this thread:

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum ... ct#p189831

, but come to think of it, Big. . . well, whatever his name is read me the riot act whenever I took issue with his favorite TV poacher. He hasn't been around lately. I wonder how he and the exotics ranch are doing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:00 pm

My personal take is he's a hypocrite, I was just wondering what everyone else thought. I'm really sick and tired of being preached at every time I turn on a hunting program and since Spook is one of the biggest preacher/hunters( Jeff Danker is the absolute worst) I thought this was very interesting.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Next

Return to General Discussions