New technology..Good/Bad?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Retranger

Re: New technology..Good/Bad?

Postby Retranger » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

msbadger wrote:Ya NYS trying to get rid of the feral hogs...Cheaper than flying wooded areas with helicopters and guys shooting out the door :roll: Eye roll because up state NY is not the same topography as say,Texas.

We have the hogs up north (way up) and I am afraid they are here to stay :( :) ;)

msbadger wrote:How would you react if say.

Same as ohio farms ,,,,,,@$%^&&*pissed &*^%#@
Doug

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:27 pm

It'd be time to send up a flack field. And people think they have trouble now with trail cams being stolen..HA! They ain't seen NOTHING yet!

Welcome to the future....... :roll:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:50 am

I doubt KY will be letting us use drones in the near future. They have a ban on all electronic devices. This includes electronic turkey calls and deer calls, and electronic remote control decoys.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:37 am

shaman wrote:I doubt KY will be letting us use drones in the near future. They have a ban on all electronic devices. This includes electronic turkey calls and deer calls, and electronic remote control decoys.

Not all, you can still use trail cams. An unarmed drone is basically a trail cam that moves, is it not?

And just as a further thought, how about electronic sights on bows and guns? What about lazer rangefinders? They're certainly electric, right?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:53 am

Woods walker, posted a video a while back, with cattle being herded with a radio controlled monster truck. It worked quite well, at moving livestock like a sheepdog. There is no doubt in my mind, that drones would herd deer. I too, would be pissed, and headed for the neighbor's house with a game warden and sheriff.
Criminal trespass to start, I'm sure there would be something about state property, harassing wildlife, or at least the drone would be mistaken for a game bird.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

MZS

Postby MZS » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:48 am

shaman wrote:I doubt KY will be letting us use drones in the near future. They have a ban on all electronic devices. This includes electronic turkey calls and deer calls, and electronic remote control decoys.

Trail cam bans will never happen. It is too big of an industry and those in the industry will make sure they are not banned. And I don't have a problem with them, and I would guess most of you do not either, even if you do not use them.

Drones on the other hand - I think they should be banned for hunting use, for the reasons already discussed in this thread. And I would bet most of you agree. We all need to start contacting our local DNR and state legislation on this. Once they start selling these things in large numbers and making boatloads of money, it may be too late - the corporations will send out their lobbyists to make sure they are not banned.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:34 pm

X-2 MZS. And I might add that it may already be too late. Tech advances move SOOO fast that by the time most of us are aware of what they can do, they've already done it.

And I was just playing devil's advocate with the cams, because ALL that stuff is electronic, so where do you draw the line, and who get's to decide where that line is? And is that line permanent or temporary?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Well when it comes to property lines does it hold true you own so much "space not only below you(mineral rights) but a certain amount of space above you?...The FAA has set a no fly zone above 400ft for such things. So they regulate above 400ft...who regulates below 400ft?
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:00 pm

"So they regulate above 400ft...who regulates below 400ft?"

1 1/2 OZ of #4 BUCK!!!!

It'd almost be worth getting a 10 gauge for!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Hey kell, I was trying to find that clip about the cattle not too long ago. Do you recall where I posted it?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions