What? No discussions on Mark Anthony's problems?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
BigIron

What? No discussions on Mark Anthony's problems?

Postby BigIron » Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 am

Got a link to an article about my old nemesis (actually just one of my old nemises here), who MIGHT have been caught REALLY cheating. Yep, good ol Mark Anthony (I believe he was a 'pro staffer' here) accused of using a set of horns he aquired through some means other than hunting... to win a hunting contest.

Ahhhh the days of Mark attacking high fence hunting here might be numbered...

Let's hope not. If Mark's out there, please come dance a little. I'd love to hear your side. And I won't pre-judge. Note I said "MIGHT have" and "accused". I believe in getting both sides before judging..

I will admit though, that if true... it would be extremely ironic. Based on his outspoken opinion that high fences are "cheating".

And regardless, if someone is actually making threats against him... that's just total BS.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/artic ... aud-claims
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas than king of the world.

rthomas4

Re: What? No discussions on Mark Anthony's problems?

Postby rthomas4 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:35 am

I haven't been on this site long enough to have seen or read any of his comments; and frankly, this is the first time I ever heard of the man.
I guess since I'm not a bow hunter, I've never read any of his articles or seen him on TV, either. However; if he's guilty of lying to get a deer in the record books, I'd have to question his honesty, period. Whatever the truth in this instance, it certainly casts a shadow on all hunting and particularly on trophy hunting, and certainly hurts our public image no matter how or where we hunt. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this, and whether or not he's proven to be guilty as charged.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon May 12, 2014 11:24 am

wow, lets hope it isn't true.
I can't imagine why anyone would want to cheat in any sport.
Maybe it will be resolved and a different deer or something.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

El Conquistador

Postby El Conquistador » Mon May 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Ol' Marc was right there to talk about what a giant fraud machine Ted Nugent is for hunting game preserves and high fenced funzones. I'm pretty sure he used the words "poacher" for one or two outlandish wildlife violations Ted got hammered with and called him a few other names indicating that he believed Nugent might be dishonest.

Hmmmm.

I guess karma's a real bitch.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon May 12, 2014 4:22 pm

I remember the "high fence" debate between you two and it was enthusiastically intense. I agree that if he did what they have accused him of doing then he should face the music, but making threats to him and his family is crazy and stupid. There is just something wrong with some people.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

MZS

Postby MZS » Mon May 12, 2014 5:05 pm

The racks sure as heck match up! But how does a 2008 shed get onto the 2010 deer in the photo and the mount? I guess a taxidermist (and photoshop expert) could do both, so there should be at least one other person in on this if it was a fraud. Unless of course Anthony does his own taxidermy and photo editing.

What has been determined on this? Not that it matters much to me, but it is interesting.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 am

Marc was on here back in 2010. I would have thought he'd be crowing if he'd nailed a monster like that. If he did, I don't remember it.

That's a dirty shame. I guess you get caught up in your own importance and. . .

Oh well.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Tue May 13, 2014 7:13 am

shaman wrote:Marc was on here back in 2010. I would have thought he'd be crowing if he'd nailed a monster like that. If he did, I don't remember it.

That's a dirty shame. I guess you get caught up in your own importance and. . .

Oh well.

While I can't say I specifically remember him bragging on this one particular buck, I certainly remember hum bragging on his multiple booners and linking his site with their pictures.

He was quick to note that his were all "book qualified" because he hunted "fair chase". Ha! I cannot with a straight face say I ain't amused by events when a classic "look down your nose at others methods" elitist gets his nose mashed...

Again, he's perfectly capable of coming here and setting me straight. If he wants.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue May 13, 2014 8:15 am

I replied to the original post the other day,but it apparently didn't show up.

Anyway, long story short, it seems really fishy to me that Marc has clammed up about the whole deal and pulled himself out of the industry all together.

The thing is, if the allegations are true, it doesn't seem like he did anything illegal. Which is pretty much what the statement he is quoted in the article says. I think it's easy to say that using an old dead head that you bought from some random dude to fabricate a kill is unethical and immoral, but it's not really illegal.

I'd think a guy who was so vocal about doing it the right way and all that would be shouting his innocence from the rooftops and doing everything in his power to prove he didn't do anything wrong. I know I would.

We'll probably never know the real truth behind this one.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Tue May 13, 2014 8:54 am

Deebz wrote:I replied to the original post the other day,but it apparently didn't show up.

Anyway, long story short, it seems really fishy to me that Marc has clammed up about the whole deal and pulled himself out of the industry all together.

The thing is, if the allegations are true, it doesn't seem like he did anything illegal. Which is pretty much what the statement he is quoted in the article says. I think it's easy to say that using an old dead head that you bought from some random dude to fabricate a kill is unethical and immoral, but it's not really illegal.

I'd think a guy who was so vocal about doing it the right way and all that would be shouting his innocence from the rooftops and doing everything in his power to prove he didn't do anything wrong. I know I would.

We'll probably never know the real truth behind this one.

I might be mistaken, but if cash/prizes are involved, then fraud laws apply to "lying to win".

Next

Return to General Discussions