Close Call Deer Hunting? I was shot!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
MZS

Re: Close Call Deer Hunting? I was shot!

Postby MZS » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 pm

rthomas4 wrote:What's the saying about hearing bullets? Something about never hearing the shot that kills you?

There is some truth to that. Sound travels slower than a typical deer round. So the bullet will hit before the sound arrives. A 30-06 bullet travels at about 1700 mph and the speed of sound is 761 mph.

troutbum

Postby troutbum » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Curious...What happened to the guy who posed the question?

I think he went MIA. :mrgreen:

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:24 pm

What happened to him? From the original post, he was shot at by a he-she while he was trying to harvest a doe. That's the problem with Colorado-- too many queer people running around.

Maybe it was one of Bill Maher's Homo Mafia? I can see it now, a tranny version of the White Tights assassins killing deer hunters. It has Conspiracy written all over it. Maybe that's why he's only made one post-- the transexual snipers got to him and finished the job.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Homunculi wrote:no wonder i shy away from public lands .... glad you were not hit ...

but for now this fall looks like i am going to be on public lands if i cannot find a private property to hunt :(

That would be why I prefer to hunt public lands from the trees. (Very few deer ever seen climbing trees)
I hope you find your spot to hunt, but if not, let me know. I have permission to hunt a couple farms, with 2-4 hunters of my choice. Perhaps we will join up to hunt one. (That reminds me, I need to write some letters soon to get written permission slips for this up coming season, soon.)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

loneranger

Postby loneranger » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:36 am

Once when I was going to get the mail at my home in NE MI, I heatd a buzz and sizzle fly just over my head. It was deer rifle seaon and I figured I was lucky that rifle bullet was not a bit lower! It used to be crazy up there for the first 3 days!

Previous

Return to General Discussions