Homemade Deer Minerals

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Oakarver

RE: Homemade Deer Minerals

Postby Oakarver » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm waiting for a chelated mineral block..better absorption.  I'm mostly joking, as I'm sure the price would be insane.

Edit..ha..I do see some claim to use chelated minerals. I guess they're not the human supplement ones I'm thinking of...

Even if there's no science behind 'em growing bigger racks..it's still fun putting 'em out..checking on them and seeing the holes getting bigger. Getting pictures from them..etc.  My guess is too much salt wouldn't be a healthy thing though?

Mac219

Postby Mac219 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am

As far as the ADE cattle mineral, I would assume it is the same consistency as trace mineral, or the way I am taking it; it is trace mineral with vitamins A,D,E added. Is that correct?

Mac219

Postby Mac219 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Also,
I've noticed on several websites, people say not to mix the ingredients until they are ready to be put out. Why is that? What is the difference in that and what you buy at the store that is mixed together and has been for awhile?

DBogie59

Postby DBogie59 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm

I just bought a 50 lb. block of cattle trace mineral salt for $5.99 at Tractor Supply. This has all the same things you are looking for in a bag. Just break it up and bury it in a couple spots.

Previous

Return to General Discussions