Deer Plaques/mounts

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
GTOHunter

RE: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:37 pm

When I have a Buck/Deer mounted I usually put my name on the brass plaque,the date and year when I shot the Buck and the person's name or Farm from where I shot the Deer or some other type of info that means a lot to me.When my Dad passed away I hunted with his Rifle he gave to me so when I shot my first decent Buck it meant a lot to me personally to mention that I had used his gun...I'm sure he's up there in Heaven smiling down at me and very proud of what I had acomplished! [:)] [;)] I would like to put some kind of paper behind my mounts with a little more detail of the hunt I had that day,what gun I used and who I was hunting with that day and any other info that my kids would enjoy reading about after I'm up there in Deer Heaven! [;)]  

Examples:

Shot by GTOHunter
Nov. 12 1995
"With Dad's 30-06"

Shot by GTOHunter
Nov 17 2006
On Taylor's Farm

Taken by GTOHunter
Nov 18 2007
On So and so's Farm's

arpy00

Postby arpy00 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 am

I would suggest..for future generations and general interest...on the back of the mount or plaque write the hunters name, date of harvest, weapon, distance of shot, county and state. In addition, add a personal touch with some information about the hunt.

Some history about the mount/plaque is great way to honor the animal and treat future generations with some insight.

Just my two cents.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 am

I was wondering that myself. I wasn't there but my buddy said it looked like Duct Tape? Well anyway I picked it up today and it is AWESOME!!! My wife is freaking out because she is at work and wants to make sure it goes in my office. Just to get the blood flowing I took down our picture above the fireplace and hung it there!

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:56 am

I was wondering when you would get this back. As for hanging it over the fire place.. Are you still living at home? LOL
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:36 am

I usually don`t put any information on my mounts. Every one has a story to go with it, so I remember them like it was yesterday. The first buck I took with my bow has the license still on his left antler. It was a sticker and I attached it right to his rack, so it won`t come off. Since then I have taken a piece of twine and laid it across the license and folded it in half and then tying it on the antler so that it can be removed once I get it back from the taxidermist. I like to remember the deer just as he was, meaning no license attached to him.
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Hahaha. I'm still here!  My wife was laughing so hard because my one year old LOVES it.  she points and smiles at it.  So it might end up being permanent. 

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:50 am

Beautiful Mount. One to be proud of for sure. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

beckeraw

Re: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby beckeraw » Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I know that this is an older post but I thought that I would put in my two cents.

I actually came up with an idea a while back and started a small business around it.

I provide, what we call, "WildlifeTags" for a mounted deer or other wild game. A WildlifeTag is a piece of leather that has been engraved to your specifications with the game info. We then attach a cord to the tag and hang it from the antlers. It has a very rustic look to it and many people do like it a lot.

It's a rather new concept and I would love any feedback on it.

If you want to check out the site, it's http://www.wildlifetag.com.

Thanks,
Andrew
Attachments
5.jpg
Here is an example
5.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 867 times

charlie 01

Re: RE: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby charlie 01 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:20 pm

kribbz wrote:Hahaha. I'm still here!  My wife was laughing so hard because my one year old LOVES it.  she points and smiles at it.  So it might end up being permanent. 

If it is a working fire place, not a good idea. The heat will take it's toll on any mount.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Re: Deer Plaques/mounts

Postby charlie 01 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

I do not know what other states DNR rules or laws are, but here in Illinois, if there is any (how ever long you have had it) question about it being a legal kill, YOU will have to prove (if it comes down to that) that it was taken legally. That is why I do and say to staple all the lic. and tags from that buck's kill right to the back of the mount.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions