Season over

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Patriot

RE: Season over

Postby Patriot » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 am

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

Sorry to hear your seasons are over.Here in N.Fla. ours goes until March this year.I have a very understanding wife.

Wow, FlDeerman!  When does your season start in Florida?
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Oct.18 through March1

b phat

Postby b phat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Yep here in IL we have until the 15 of this month for bow. There is a late shot gun season 16 17 18 of jan and we are done with our season. So back to the honey do list. This is my first year on this sight and learned alot from you guys. I just would like to say thanks.   

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 am

I just hope none of you guys drift off now that the seasons are over or winding down (except FLA [8|]).

The cool thing about this site is that it is a home for the 365 day deer hunter. If the guys who joined this fall leave, then we D&DH nerds will only be able to sit and post the same old tripe to one another, and that would be really pathetic.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 am

Hey JPH did you get new glasses? they look good on ya kid!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:51 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: JPH

I just hope none of you guys drift off now that the seasons are over or winding down (except FLA [8|]).

The cool thing about this site is that it is a home for the 365 day deer hunter. If the guys who joined this fall leave, then we D&DH nerds will only be able to sit and post the same old tripe to one another, and that would be really pathetic.

JPH I joined this past fall sometime and I'll try to check in on a regular basis all year long, deer hunting for me has become a 365 day a year passion too!  Luckily here in Florida we have a long boating and saltwater fishing season to keep us busy in between maintenance trips to our hunting camp in Alabama during the offseason! 

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 am

The original D&DH Forum "stump sitter"

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 am

Oooooofffffahhh...that poster boy for D&DH Geeks is something else.  I'll be here year round JPH, no worries about that.  Now I was all set to call it a season, technically i could hunt winter bow till 31 Jan.  Then I pulled my Trail cam from the woods and found these pics.  The first two apear to be the same buck, just different times...the second one you can barely make out but could be a basket 6 or 8...hard to tell.  Funny thing is they are on or working a scrape underneath a holly tree...however I'm uncertain as to whther they are working the scrape or eating the holly berries.  I also did some scouting over the weekend to start my post mortum on the season...I managed to ump a nice 6 point and found a scrape he was still working over...then went back to the primary scrape area I had been hunting for most of the season and the same scrapes are still being worked!!!  Sooooooo....looks like my season may not be over after all, I cna probably squeeze in two more hunts..maybe a third before my wife leaves me, lol!  Seriously though, I think I'll bite the bullet and give it at least one if not two more hunts...I'm feeling lucky [;)]

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Watch out, JPH is going to be out in the next Casanova movie!!!!  ha ha ha ha
QDM!

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 am

The season's never over, just not allowed to shoot them sometimes LOL

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions