Cover Scents ???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
coach

RE: Cover Scents ???

Postby coach » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm

scent elimination is all I use. 

A friend of mine....who is a very serious about scent control....more than me.....
uses...Rabbit urine scent.  He says its magic.  I think he's nuts.  But ...heh....whatever tickles....uh never mind.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm

i agree that scent elimination is key but I swear by spraying natural doe urine(non estrous) on my rubber boots every time out. It doesn't bother them at all and seems to relax them.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:51 pm

I agree scent prevention should be much more of the focus than cover scents, i use scent free clothing wash, dryer sheets (i just started using those this year, i would just let them air dry outside in previous years) scent free soap, shampoo, and spray bottles when i get out of my car and ready to go out into the field.

But i will use earth scented wafers in whatever i store my clothes in as a small cover scent and also pin one to my coat or whatever to cover the occasional small sweat i may get from trekking to my spot. I will air the wafers out some before i put em in the tote or whatever just so its not too over powering. I'm honestly not sure if the earth scent actually does much to cover me, but if anything it makes me feel better about not being detected by my scent. And in my mind it's always a plus to make yourself feel better about scent if you can in any way.

I have also used doe in estrous scent during the rut or right before and after it. I don't know if i will this year though. Im starting to think its all just a money making deal... esp at 7-12 bucks a pop... But I want to try the " Mega-Tarsal Plus" or it's equivelant his coming year and see what that does.

Previous

Return to General Discussions