E-mail to Customer service - why bother ?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
fasteddie

E-mail to Customer service - why bother ?

Postby fasteddie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:31 am

Am I the only one who has sent an e-mail to a Web-Site customer service and not get a reply ?
I have e-mailed about a quality problem or just to get some information and not gotten a response . Why do these jokers have a "Contact Us" e-mail address if they have no intention of responding to anyone ? Just venting !
Semper Fi !

8uck5nort

RE: E-mail to Customer service - why bother ?

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:23 am

Ooop see below. Messed this one up.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:25 am

ORIGINAL: 8uck5nort

I have had excellent luck with Primos and their e-mail support.

However, as an IT professional I will offer this. E-mail, in general, is not a guaranteed deliver technology. If no response after a second e-mail then I would pick up the phone and call them if possible. There could be a number of technincal issues causing your e-mail to not be delivered as expected that has nothing to do with poor customer service, or maybe they are just ignoring you and that would give you your answer one way or the other. If the latter is the the case by all means please post who it is so I can avoid them as well.

After all that would be one small victory over them, would it not?
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 am

8uck5nort that is great advice, I'll second that as an IT Professional also. 

Recently I had some really great online support.  I submitted online to Woodswise about a deer call I kept having problems with.  Seems hunting in the south and our humidity even in cooler tempertures doesn't agree with the call and condensation causes it to not work.  I had them send me a replacement and the same problem.  When I contact them again online I received a response the same day supporting my request for a full refund.  I was worried I was going to be out the 20 bucks but Woodswise came through with great Customer Service.  I would have no problem purchasing something through them again. 

Sorry you're having a bad experience fasteddie, I've been there before too.  I would try and call them direct now that you know the other way doesn't work.  Hopefully there's a number you can call.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:45 am

Some companies invest more effort into customer support. There are a few good one out there. Knight rifles is about the best I've dealt with. 

Return to General Discussions