Your thoughts on trail markers

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Jawbone

RE: Your thoughts on trail markers

Postby Jawbone » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:35 pm

I really don't understand why some of you feel you can leave trail markers up on public land when it's not even legal to leave your treestands up over night.  At least that's how it is here in WI.  I agree they are an eyesore and it's funny how a lot of the markers I find are faded which means some of you are to lazy to take them down when your done.

I'm disappointed you feel I'm a PRICK for picking up YOUR garbage!!!!![:'(]
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

striker

Postby striker » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Jawbone the guy that took them down left them on the trail so he did not pick up any garbage he did it to be a jerk. Who said I was going to leave them there after that day anyway? I have done more organized trash cleanups, stream improvements/cleanups , park restorations than most and I just don't agree that it's the same thing as throwing garbage on the ground if I leave a few trail markers out. As far as I know there is no law banning the use of trail markers in Pa. I will be sure to look into it. No one said your a prick for picking up trash it was stated "some people just do it to be pricks" meaning it wasn't taken down because they felt it was trash they just did it to be pricks. Read the post.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:26 pm

I'd probably go with the tacks too.

Too much drama going on here.

"Why can't we all just get along?"  [:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm

One of the problems with surveyors tape is that it does not show up all that well in a flashlight beam.  Some work, some don't.  I used a fresh roll this year to mark a  trail, and the first time I went to use it in the dark-  Zip.

Test your tape with the flashlight you're going to be using.

I'm going back to kite string. For  years, I strung kite string between trees to act as a trail marker.  It's easy to pickup in a flashlight beam.  I'm not talking yards and yards of it. I'm saying tie a piece between two limbs at eye level so that you have about a 3'-6' piece.  Keep it high enough so the deer don't break it walking through. The newer polyester stuff shows up bright in a flashlight beam over the old cotton stuff.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Jawbone

Postby Jawbone » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:35 am

I can read just fine, maybe you should brush up.  I said SOME of you.  I just get irritated with name calling.  These other guys can make their point without it!

You do what you want on private land but public land is for everyone.  Not your personal canvas to decorate as you please!
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

striker

Postby striker » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:54 am

"I'm disappointed you feel I'm a Prick for picking up Your garbage!!!!![:'(]" is the quote I'm referring to
"... some of you feel you can leave trail markers ..." being as I use them I take that you are referring to me. Whatever this is getting old. Sorry if I offended you.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:36 am

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Previous

Return to General Discussions