as the season ends

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Archery_NUT

as the season ends

Postby Archery_NUT » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:10 pm

what od you hunters do when deer season comes to an end and when the off season begins?
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

ReflexHunter

RE: as the season ends

Postby ReflexHunter » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Some people might think I'm crazy but I am already getting stuff ready for next year.  In about a week or so I will be working on a new stand site and clearing an area for a food plot.

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 pm

always good to be prepared and i noticed your username was Reflex Hunter do you hunt with a Reflex compound bow???
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:20 pm

My winter mainly revolves around snowmobiling and ice fishing!!!  [:D] 

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:21 pm

small game /predator hunting combined with late season scouting.those trails really shine now and i aint afraid of spooking any deer into the next county.plus ice fishing too
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Ice fish, i love it, hunt other game, mainly rabbits, this year will be all about getting ready for next year though, plan on heading out after the first of the year and do some hinge cutting and create some new spots and get things going for spring, never too early to be prepared :) and i race in local figure 8's come summer time so that helps pass time until fall too.

Ugnasty77

Postby Ugnasty77 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Well im still on college, so i work on papers and stuff, fun, fun, fun. But when i get the chance i go out ice fishing, i need to do something to kill the stress of school. But this year I think im gonna go after some coyotes, i still got that hunting itch.

Oh, and cause im still in school, ill be partying of course, hahah, [:D]
The thing that a man hunts when he hunts is himself

Jawbone

Postby Jawbone » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 am

I get to know my family again, then I take my kids ice fishing, sledding, shed hunting, scouting, and shoot archery league with the whole family ( my self, my wife, my daughter and my son).
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 am

There's an "off season"?

I guess those 8 months when I am not actively hunting deer or turkey could be considered an "off-season", but I am always thinking about or working towards the next hunt. Aside from reading about and posting on the topic I can be found tweaking my gear, shooting, or working on habitat management.

Let's see, what else? I have a busy family and we value one another greatly. My wife is going to Guatemala on mission in a few weeks so I will have the helm around home. I will be visiting Rome at the start of Lent with a couple of buddies. I assist with a youth ministry and we do a mission trip every summer. This year is Pine Ridge S.D.

Oh yeah. I also have a job that they actually expect me to show up for. [;)]

trophyhunter1980

Postby trophyhunter1980 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 am

I start getting the race car ready for next season!
www.facebook.com/badappleoutdoors

NRA LIFE MEMBER

WHITETAILS UNLIMITED LIFE MEMBER

NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB LIFE MEMBER

Next

Return to General Discussions