as the season ends

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
ReflexHunter

RE: as the season ends

Postby ReflexHunter » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 am

ORIGINAL: Archery_NUT

always good to be prepared and i noticed your username was Reflex Hunter do you hunt with a Reflex compound bow???

I hunt with a Reflex Growler I just purchased at the start of the season, I love it!  What do you shoot?

coach

Postby coach » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 pm

I am so jealous.  I just got in 1 hour ago snowblowing my driveway.  Only a foot of snow. Not bad for
Canadian weather.

As of January....I start looking for shed....depending on amounts of snow.  Ice fishing, small game hunts.  Dream until late April...when spring work begins.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

ORIGINAL: JPH

Viking, is that your broze chest glistening in the foreground?

LOL!  No way, I'm taking the picture from my boat!  I do my best to stay out of the pictures (evidence)!

Funny you should say "evidence"
Several years ago a friend and myself went to the Lake of the Ozarks for a weekend, leaving the women and children at home. A couple of months later his wife was checking the Party Cove website and came across a picture of him standing on the bow of the boat with two bare breasted girls. Luckily I was in the water and out of the picture but the phone call to my wife did'nt take long. We were both in deep doo doo.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Not too much in January.  Serious shed hunting in February and March.  Then softball baby!

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:12 pm

When the late archery season ends, it's time to dust off the target bow & shoot paper for about three months in indoor leagues. I'm getting a tree saddle for Christmas, so I'll be preping trees for it's use before leaves make their appearance this spring. My goal this year is to be more knowledgable & prepaired for the hunting season than ever before.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Patriot...Softball is in my blood too!  I actually played D2 baseball before I blew out my shoulder.  If you ever need a guy for a tourney let me know...I'm just across the river on the other side of Hudson!  I don't like to brag but I'm a heck of a pitcher!  [:D]

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:36 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

The season ends in early Jan. for me but deer hunting goes on 24/7 365 for me. We'll be pulling sets and plotting new ones out. Shed hunting then putting sets up again and starting the food plots. Will also do some hinge cutting and clearing.
Besides that Ill be cutting wood for next winter (haven't used my furnace yet and its below zero here Image)
Trout fishing when that opens, walleye fishing when the waters open up, turkey hunting in the spring, camping during the summer, and hopefully a bunch of O.T. at work.
All of this will be done with friends and family.

Goose, you couldn't have said it any better.  24/7/365 for me too....Always thinking about my next move!  So, besides snowmobiling and ice fishing, I do this as well!  Life is good!  [:D]

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 am

Start planning for next year.

We've already got our to-do list started.

[font=calibri]1.[/font]       [font=calibri]Till ground for garden next to barn.[/font]
[font=calibri]2.[/font]       [font=calibri]Install outside lights and finish electricity.[/font]
[font=calibri]3.[/font]       [font=calibri]Install door in loft area to replace center window for easier access to interior of barn and deck.[/font]
[font=calibri]4.[/font]       [font=calibri]Fell several trees in new plot area (use for firewood or leave for brush).[/font]
[font=calibri]5.[/font]       [font=calibri]Expand new plot to include area up to big oak and intersection of the alleyway.[/font]
[font=calibri]6.[/font]       [font=calibri]Plant numerous trees that will not grow or that the hay guy can mow over later in year.[/font]
[font=calibri]7.[/font]       [font=calibri]Mow and burn NWSG.[/font]
[font=calibri]8.[/font]       [font=calibri]I may paint the barn again but then again I might not. [/font]
[font=calibri]9.[/font]       [font=calibri]Mow, burn, fertilize and plant the bean field.[/font]
[font=calibri]10.[/font]   [font=calibri]Move my tree stand from my oak to somewhere on the north side of the farm.[/font]
[font=calibri]11.[/font]   [font=calibri]Move the one treestand in the new plot to somewhere else near the new plot.[/font]
[font=calibri]12.[/font]   [font=calibri]Move the other new plot treestand so it faces more back toward the hilltop plot[/font]
[font=calibri]13.[/font]   [font=calibri]Move the NWSG stand someplace else so I can put a taller stand there.[/font]
[font=calibri]14.[/font]   [font=calibri]Fertilize and lime new plot, hilltop plot, alleyway between.[/font]
[font=calibri]15.[/font]   [font=calibri]Sure would like to burn area of new plot where I'm cutting trees to get through thatch and dead leaves to bare earth.  Maybe spread some clover around there.[/font]
[font=calibri]16.[/font]   [font=calibri]Till fence line so I can pretend to plant stuff there.[/font]

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Previous

Return to General Discussions