Just have to tell ya...

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
msbadger

Just have to tell ya...

Postby msbadger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:34 am

Never a dull moment on our hill.....ppl being shot at....tresspassers...poachers....yada..yada yada....Now we have hazmat...bomb squads ...fire and rescue ambulance...sherrifs and FBI just up the road....Why...because our town filled 2 55gal. barrels with what is to be believed TNT and a town employee said hey bury it on my land.....ya that was a smart idea....So neighbor is in town hall looking up records and new supervisor stops her and said hey do you know we buried TNT up there on what is her land now....so she calls the sheriff.... wow theire's some brain power governing us around here [8|]

beagleman23

RE: Just have to tell ya...

Postby beagleman23 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:54 am

Was it Town property prior to your purchase?  And if so did they disclose that fact that waste(whatever it turns out to be) was buried?  I believe they have too.  You might want to consult an attorney even though I despise most.  Good luck.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:36 am

I'd be going even further.

If they were dumb enough to bury TNT on your property, what else did they bury there? For all you know, you're sitting on top of Love Canal II. The last thing you want is the locals going in and trying to cover up what they did. This is already starting to smell like a Superfund site to me.  You do not want to be left hold the bag. You want a full disclosure.  You want the EPA involved. This could very easily taint the land forever in future land transactions unless it gets taken care of properly.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

trophyhunter1980

Postby trophyhunter1980 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

This could very easily taint the land forever in future land transactions unless it gets taken care of properly.

Wow, that is some scary stuff. You want to know what is there to cover your own butt. You do not want the EPA and other offices coming after you later and you having to flip the bill for a clean-up!
www.facebook.com/badappleoutdoors

NRA LIFE MEMBER

WHITETAILS UNLIMITED LIFE MEMBER

NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB LIFE MEMBER

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56 am

Well I'm back from the hoopla....turns out they found one barrel not the one that owner had discovered years ago....it was wrapped in fencing and had several inches of barrel above ground ....spectrometer was inconclusive ...they drain top water ...packed stuff around it and sent in the robot.....soaked it with diesel ..because deisel penetrates nitro and helps break it down... then robot lit diesel and it burned ....some stuff was still present but little...County will cover all charges....Rochester bomb squad came out as a favor to the county....the original owner is dead and he was a town employee...if and when other barrel is found they will come back and check it out.....they showed owner the two robots and explained everything ....most ppl were very good only one with a power problem but others kinda harnessed him...other wise professional and conscious of owners concern with live stock and family pets...very interesting

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 pm

you aint kidding about "never a dull moment" SUE EM
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions