Age does it matter

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
dxthunter57

RE: Age does it matter

Postby dxthunter57 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:22 am

DXThunter57- Your thoughts and insights are always welcome here. Discussions can teach you alot, I know Ive changed my mind on things after hearing everybody's thoughts and reasoning.Don't let the other people get to ya, ask questions give your opinions and listen to what others have to say.
By the way where do you hail from?

IM from massachusets
I mean i have learned so much from you guys
honestly
and i dont think jsut because ive shot deer that i know more than i guy who has only shot 4 deer
i have been blessed with a great father who has helped me learn what i know
i jsut want to be able to return the favor to other hunters

keystonehunter

Postby keystonehunter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:47 am

Hey DXT, does age matter? Of course it does! The younger a hunter is, the more he can learn from others. And in turn, we can learn from the younger generation. You're certainly at the age where your energy knows no limit and your enthusiasm will put you in the woods more often than one of us older guys. 
But as you mature, you'll gain a different perspective on the whole experience of hunting. You'll appreciate so much more about the outdoors and all it has to offer.  Good luck and please be safe. Always size up a situation and ask what's the worst that can happen?  Take precautions now and make them a lifelong habit.
you never shoot a buck from the couch

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 am

Dxt, I hope you can tell from the responses here that everyone likes having you around and thinks that you are wise beyond your 17 years.  There will always be people in the world that take the fun out of life.  Wish we had better advice for you but silly people will always be around.  Not to defend anyone, but you will tend to notice more of a parental tone from a lot of us because we have been around longer, are parents/grand parents, and love helping young'uns like you who show such a strong interest in such a great activity.  Learn what you can, and ignore us when you have to.  Besides, we can't see your eyes rolling behind the computer monitor.  Keep up the good work.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 am

IM from massachusets
I mean i have learned so much from you guys
honestly
and i dont think jsut because ive shot deer that i know more than i guy who has only shot 4 deer
i have been blessed with a great father who has helped me learn what i know
i jsut want to be able to return the favor to other hunters
[/quote]

I sense you have a humble attitude.  It's very refreshing for us "old farts" (I'm 32).

I'll echo what the other folks here have said.  Who cares what the clowns at the registration station or sporting goods store say.  Anyone who treats a young hunter in such ways is not a "real man".

Hold your head up high young buck!  You are the "real man".
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Age only matters if you let it be like water on a ducks back let the negative things say just bead up and roll off...

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Being young is difficult but as you get older you will learn and grow and find out who u are and what matters to you. There will always be people out there who think they know more , have done more and are better than you. Learn what you can. There is a wealth of information out there. Ask alot of questions and don't be afraid to disagree with anyone. Everthing is a learning experience. Either take it with you or leave it behind. You will eventually realize that some people's opinions just should'nt matter. Those people being ones that don't know you, care about you, respect you or have your best interests at heart.  Like schlupis said, " let it be like water on a ducks back..." [;)]

Previous

Return to General Discussions