Ouch!!!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
PrairieShadow

Ouch!!!

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Lastnight(12/13) a blizzard warning went in to effect and last through tonight midnight. 

This morning i woke up to a fair amount of snow and was so excited to get on the snowmobile for the first time this year. I rounded up a couple of my buddies and headed out. The wind chill was -41F when i left.

We rode and had a great time with drifts up to my waist when i got off the sled a couple times.

About 4hrs later we decided to head for home and when i got home and took my helmet and baclava off and had been sitting in the chair for a while relaxing my face started itching like crazy and still is 2 hrs later.

I have gotten frostbite on my face. How i got it where i did is beyond me as i had a full face helmet and a full face baclava on but the cold air found its way as i felt it a couple times but never thought much of it as my face never felt the slightest bit cold.

Please learn from my mistakes and when you're out in cold weather dont take chances. This is not fun and i cant imagine it is going away anytime soon.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Jawbone

RE: Ouch!!!

Postby Jawbone » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Hope you make a full recovery!  I'll be sure to throw a prayer up for ya.
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

matterhan

Postby matterhan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:18 pm

BTDT last year.  mine healed up after a few weeks.  not much fun people kept asking if i was in a bar fight

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Hope you get better!  Personally I've never had frost-bite...How long does it take to go away or get better?  At least it wasn't so bad where you had to have a skin graft!

Return to General Discussions