Fell Out Of The Stand Today

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
dxthunter57

RE: Fell Out Of The Stand Today

Postby dxthunter57 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 am

this morning this is so painful
talk about being sore im sore all over
my mother is a nurse and my dad is a cop both of them checked me out and said i was fine
im already askign for a harness

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:28 am

there was nothing scarier
knowing pain awaits you is a scary thought
i was rushing into the stand take your time
a deer is a deer its not worth risking your life
i got to tell you tho ive had made amounts of girls come up to me and ask me if i was ok lol
one benefit

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:46 am

i got to tell you tho ive had made amounts of girls come up to me and ask me if i was ok lol
one benefit

Spoken like a true 17 y/o, lol...and thats not a bust on your age...BUT, since you started a seperate post about age being relevant, this is one of those instances where you need to heed the advice of your elders...sounds like you learned your lesson, glad your ok, just remember it when other "dangerous opportunties" present themselves.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:00 am

ORIGINAL: paulie

I have never used one and until recently i didnt think anyone actually used the darn things.

I've put it on in the house a couple times and then took it with a couple mornings but after fighting with it and getting tangled in the darn thing to the point of nearly falling down trying to get it on i always end up throwing it back in the truck and going hunting.

I need to invest in the HSV, That looks alot easier to use than the ones that come with the stands.
           I use a "Hunter Safety System", and let me tell ya, it's sooo much easier than the ones that come with the tree stands, Plus it has pockets (bonus). There not cheap, but well worth the cost (IMO), I mean, can you really put a price on your life, or your ability to walk? I think not.  Be safe guys, if not for you, than for your loved ones!!

The HSS is extremely easy to use.  Like a lot of people I was hit and miss on using a harness, until I purchased this thing.  Not only is it easy to use, but at a cost of $120+ it is not inexpensive.  My wife knows what I paid for it, and if I ever fell out of tree and wasn't wearing it, she'd kill me if the fall didn't for spending so much money on something I wasn't using.  That might not be the right reason to be wearing it, but it does keep me putting it on everytime I plan to climb into a tree.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:34 am

DXTHunter57-
  What department does your father work for?  My next door camp neighbor is the Chief of the Beachwood,NJ Police dept.

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 am

I agree with everyone who wears a HSS style vest. They are super easy to use and comfortable to wear.
I always wear my vest when in the tree. However, I don't use any harness or rope system when climbing my stand. I know stats will say that climbing up or down from your stand is when most falls occur.
I use climbing sticks exclusively; it's like climbing a ladder. I take my time and never am without at least one foot and one hand on the steps.
If someone could show me a good system that was easy (quiet) to use for climbing into my stand, I'd probably consider it.

Washburn
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:04 am

Has anyone ever used the Loggy Bayou safety harness...Called the Transformer Safety System?  I'm sure the HSS is an excellent safety harness, but this is also one that should be looked at.  This is all I use and I can hardly feel that it's on.  It's not bulky like a safety harness, and it doubles as a linemans belt to climb up and down trees to safely put up your tree stands!  It also has clips on the front for your binocs!  It's also cheaper than the HSS!  The link is below...Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.loggybayou.com/2006pages/transformersafety.htm

QDM!

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:26 pm

so today in physics class we were doing free fall
and i found that i was in the air for about 1.1 seconds and hit the ground at about 179 pounds per square meter
just a cool fact

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Glad to hear your OK. Thats a long ways down and its a risk we all take every time we go up a stand. I just got a HSS vest and love it. Its expensive, but cheaper than a hospital bill.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Well it's good to hear you alright. Did anything break your fall? It's good you got a deer, but Im just glad that your alive and alright.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions