Hunting music play list?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

Hunting music play list?

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:56 am

My wife bought me an ipod for my birthday. Right now I have mostly workout stuff on there, but I'd like to make a play list of music that puts me in the right frame of mind for hunting.

As an example, I have downloaded "Theme from Last of the Mohicians". I love that song.

I assume the Motor City Madman will be well represented (cool by me), but I listen to everything so nothing is off limits. What songs do you guys listen to on the way to/from a hunt?

PrairieShadow

RE: Hunting music play list?

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:59 am

Mostly the weather, but usually a country radio station. I'd have to have the tirdy point buck by "something" bananas. I always get a laugh out of that song.  Unrealistic and unethical as hell but puts a smile on my face none the less.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

270.tomcat

Postby 270.tomcat » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 am

Elvis "The King" CD, grew up on it !!!
Deer Hunting is a privlilege, don't abuse it !!!

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am

ORIGINAL: PrairieShadow

Mostly the weather, but usually a country radio station. I'd have to have the tirdy point buck by "something" bananas. I always get a laugh out of that song.  Unrealistic and unethical as hell but puts a smile on my face none the less.

I'm not so sure Bananas did "tirdy pointer" and if it was it was a crappy version that was originally done woderfully by "DA YOOPERS".  I'm from the u.p. and this song is a staple at our camp and is played often. I'm insulted by this post. 
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

speakerboxx

Postby speakerboxx » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Lol thought I was the only one that did this.
1- Hank Williams Jr, "A country boy can survive"
2- Alabama. "I'm in a hurry, and don't know why"
Whatever I'm in the mood for, usually country in the morning and more rock or hip hop on the way back to civilization.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Country music is by far the one that gets me in the mood for the outdoors and hunting.  I don't know why but right now "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock gets me going, probably those high school memories of parking in the cornfields!  "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" does the trick too!  Speaking of that, It's 5 O'Clock somewhere and there's a cold one waiting for me, catch you later!

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:36 pm

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

ORIGINAL: PrairieShadow

I'm not so sure Bananas did "tirdy pointer" and if it was it was a crappy version that was originally done woderfully by "DA YOOPERS".  I'm from the u.p. and this song is a staple at our camp and is played often. I'm insulted by this post. 

Sorry Dm,

No insult intended, but come on, hunting deer with a triple laser rated heat seeking shotgun? HAHAH, I love it. Im not sure whats funnier, The lyrics or the accent of the guy singing it!
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:36 pm

country boy can survive ( greatest song ever!) followed up by swamp music by skynrd. check out some of dave watsons music too.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:42 pm

ted nugent has a cd called Hunt music.everytrack is about hunting.you can get it at his website
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Country is the staple....southern rock closely following.  Although I do have a cd I call my sound track....ever heard of a compilation called "Goin' South"?  All those tunes rock!  My favorite tune to return to camp with (especially after I'M successful) is Black Betty....I name everything and my Browning A-5 is a black synthetic with the gold trigger...her name is Black Betty[:D]  I lsten to it all though ....Hank Sr. & Jr.  (Country Boy can Survive !!!!) Bill Monroe, Kid Rock, Metallica, The Stones, Ect.  Ive gotten more speeding tickets listening to certain tracks than most would believe... I love music and set it to alot of things....My biggest buck this year couldn't hear it... but a adapted version of the Mighty Quinn was being hummed to him....."Come on without ...Come on within...you ain't seen nothing like the mighty Win"   OK song writer I ain't[8D]  But it worked![:D]

Next

Return to General Discussions