How many in your lifetime?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
69Viking

RE: How many in your lifetime?

Postby 69Viking » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 am

713 that is an average of 4.3 deer per year, where in the world do you hunt and just what do you do with all that deer meat?

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:02 am

15 deer in a single season?  Now what do you do with all that meat?  You either have a lot of friends or a really big family that likes deer meat.

This will be my 5th season of hunting in Alabama and so far without any deer this year I have shot 5 in the past 4 years.  I thought that was pretty good but damn!

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:09 am

8 seasons and 10 deer down. 4 bow deer and 5 shotgun and one muzzleloader kill. I had 2 dry seasons. so I when I got deer I usually got 2. I have 2 down so far this season. I will get 2 days of muzzle and then its all over. Maybe I can make it 11. Cool post JPH how many do u have by the way? I can only imagine!! lol

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:12 am

26 deer
17 with gun in 20 seasons
9 with bow in 9 seasons

3 doe fawns (2 with bow)
6 adult doe (2 with bow)
5 nubbins (1 with bow)
6 bucks that were 1.5 year old (2 with bow)
6 bucks that were 2.5 or older (2 with bow)

Yes....I actually keep track on a spreadsheet.  Yes...I'm an analyst by trade.

Each deer is a special memory branded in my mind.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 am

been hunting 6 seasons, 16 deer to date

badgerfan

Postby badgerfan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 am

37 deer in 17 seasons of hunting.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 pm

10-12 I can't really recall
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:25 pm

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

15 deer in a single season?  Now what do you do with all that meat?  You either have a lot of friends or a really big family that likes deer meat.

This will be my 5th season of hunting in Alabama and so far without any deer this year I have shot 5 in the past 4 years.  I thought that was pretty good but damn!

you'd be surprised what happens to all that meat.... I never can figure it out...Church, Nieghbors, Friends, Family, Ect.   Lots get eaten at camp....last year we had cooking's almost every Saturday night from October 1 to Jan 10.  It is a fact when the grease is hot and the entire country knows you are cooking, you cannot fry enough of that stuff to have left overs...if you do you need a new cook[:D]  I know two of mine went to that and 6 of my brothers deer.  Along with a whole lot more.  I have 6 down this year and one is at the processor and 1 1/2 is in the freezer.  i have given away two.....the rest are eaten already.  This weekend starts hound season and  the cooking schedule will include stuffed backstraps on friday and fried deer steak and french fries saturday night....with grilled jalepeneo and cheese deer sausage served up with eggs and biscuts in the mornings.  Deer Chili for lunch saturday and deer sausage cassarole for lunch sunday.....this will all be for 15-40 folks.  Like I told somebody once... we shoots em' cause we eats em' and we eats em a bunch![:D] 

270.tomcat

Postby 270.tomcat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 pm

I've killed 3 deer total and I'm proud of all of them!!!
Deer Hunting is a privlilege, don't abuse it !!!

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:03 pm

713 that is an average of 4.3 deer per year, where in the world do you hunt and just what do you do with all that deer meat?

Started hunting northeastern Ohio and north central West Virginia, now I live in central Ohio and hunt WV as well.  You know, between urban zones and normal quotas in Ohio, you can kill quite a few deer, and then West Virginia has unlimited antlerless permits during regular gun season and an additional antlerless season.  I only kill bucks that I'm going to send to the taxidermist, and I know the antlerless population needs thinned.  I eat a lot of venison, give a lot away to family mostly (friends too), and hunters for the hungry program.  I process all of them myself (except the hunters for the hungry donations) and I just love to hunt them.  I still get a great deal of enjoyment sitting in the treestand for hours on end waiting for that 30 seconds of adrenaline rush.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions