How many in your lifetime?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
keystonehunter

RE: How many in your lifetime?

Postby keystonehunter » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:56 am

My count would be a close estimate, but I would say 7 bucks and 13 doe. 30 years of hunting.

Took one doe and one buck with a bow, the rest with the gun.

you never shoot a buck from the couch

hunts2long

Postby hunts2long » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:10 am

This being my 51st season (missed 4 yrs while in Navy) I have been lucky enough to have gotten 27, I think....you know its ONE of the first things to go....all have been bucks....2 with ML, they came the last two years on the last day of season....I hunt Adirondacks and hunt alone 95% of the time....I really enjoy being out there....the "hills" keep getting bigger each year so stay closer to the "long narrow clearing in the woods=road".....Doug

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:05 am

I been at it for nearly 40 years hunting in liberal limit Ala and Tenn and have taken close to 100.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:18 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

Patriot, thats scary! Ive got a bulletin board in my garage right next to our door thats loaded with pictures of friends and families "trophies". In fact this year was so good to us my wife and I decided we gotta get a bigger board. I'm a smoker unfortunately, so when I go outside to have a cigarette Ill sit and stare at that board for a long time just loving and soaking up the memories. Its a great thing that I enjoy and everybody that comes into our house can see what we are passionate about!

It's like your my brother from another mother![:D][:D][:D]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:54 am

im 17 been huntingt for 3 years on my own have shot 6 deer

manitoulin_hunter

Postby manitoulin_hunter » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:48 pm

I've been hunting white tails for about 22 years and have taken at least 2 per year to put me up over 40. No more than 1 doe per year, many small 8 pts and a couple of 10 pts, one wall-er last year...11 pt.

Took my first two bucks of my bow career this year, spike and small 7pt...which rivalled the rest as far as trophies - for me.

Haven't seen the rifle buck I wanted yet...for 2008.

Previous

Return to General Discussions