Need your opion

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
PrairieShadow

RE: Need your opion

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

I hope ford has changed something for the 09's cause the previous style was a POS and it doesnt appear they have changed that engine yet. oh and i am a ford guy but gesh!!

And as far as power, its gunna be hard to beat the toyotas without going to a 3/4 ton.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:08 pm

thehoglandwonder I would go with a full size truck over a compact truck just because everybuddy who has a compact truck that isnt a chick always says they wish they had a full size..

Also I dont know if price is a issue but buying a new or used toyota seems to be more expensive then buying one of the big 3 ford chev or dodge...

Me I am not a fan of the Chevy I like the Ford and the Dodge, just seem like more of a truck than the chevys. (Chevy guys dont take offense just my opinion).

Right now I own a 04 ram with the HEMI tons of power for what I need and plenty of room with the 4 doors. I know the Ford has best in class everything and are always durable and dependable trucks, but like the Toys you are going to pay for them. For me it came down to price and the Fords were to high so I went with the HEMI.

Good luck and just like we tell people who want to know what kind of bow to buy. Go out and drive all of them see what works best for you then get the checkbook out..

CoG

Postby CoG » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 am

ORIGINAL: schlupis

thehoglandwonder I would go with a full size truck over a compact truck just because everybuddy who has a compact truck that isnt a chick always says they wish they had a full size..

I'm not a chick and I sure never wish my tacoma was a fullsize, especially when it comes to hunting.  I have a fullsize, sometimes hunt using fullsizes, and for hunting they're not ideal. 

HoglandWonder,
A 4cyl tacoma is about perfect for a little hunting rig, imo.
-Benny

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:04 am

You can't go wrong with a Toyota, but it would be tough to pass up some of the deals at Ford, Dodge, Chevy.  Any of them should serve you well.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

TheHoglandWonder

Postby TheHoglandWonder » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks for all of your opions I am definitly going to test drive all makes and models and start narrowing it down from there. I was just makin sure that if i purchase a 4cyl tacoma that I wouldn't regret the small engine. Right now I have a chrysler concord (grandma's old grocey getter) and I hate loading the car full of rabbits, coon, skunks, and such. As of right now I'm gonna have to load my deer on the of the trunk lid and tarp n' strap it down on the wheel wells. Cars suck!!!

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 am

I just finished off my 2nd Toyota after about 20 years of service. I wanted to go full size crew this time and went with an '08 F150 super crew 4X4 w/5.4. I love it.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:21 am

I had a 97 Tacoma 4x4 with 168000 miles on it, now I have an 08 Tundra 4x4 crewmax with the 381 hp 5.7L.  Go with the Toyota, you can't go wrong.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Whatever you buy, get it now, before the collapse of our domestic auto industry that's coming up next year.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:17 am

I am a Ford person. Then Chevy.

I won't buy a foreign vehicle (or Dodge [:D] )

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:52 am

I drive a 4-door, 6 cyl., 4X4 Tacoma. When it is played out (in about another 300,000 miles) I'll buy another.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions