how is your deer seasons going???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Archery_NUT

how is your deer seasons going???

Postby Archery_NUT » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:04 pm

just wodering how my fellow hunters out there are doing this year since i am not having much luck myself.....hahahaha
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Demoderby4

RE: how is your deer seasons going???

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm

took down a doe on opening day saturday, other than that i have seen about 20 other deer on stand and a lot more driving around. Figures all but 2 of the bucks i have seen have been while driving... lol, good luck the rest of the year, hopefully your luck turns around!

RatherBeHuntin24/7

Postby RatherBeHuntin24/7 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:20 pm

hah i feel your pain. i got a doe with my bow but that seems like a million hunts ago. Those dang bucks have been gettin the better of me it seems like.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:00 pm

I took an 11 pointer on opening day only to find it was full of infection. The Conservation Dept. gave me another tag so I went out and took a nice 9 pointer the next day.
My sister just sent me pictures of her husband, daughter, son-in-law, and brother-in-law all with their nice big bucks, one of them a 20 pointer that might be called a typical. I tried to post the pictures here but kept getting an error message. I e-mailed them to the editor, maybe he can post them.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:35 pm

ORIGINAL: RatherBeHuntin24/7

hah i feel your pain. i got a doe with my bow but that seems like a million hunts ago. Those dang bucks have been gettin the better of me it seems like.

^
___________|

I'm with that guy.  And I'd rather be hunting.

Edit:  Now that I think back on it.  The first time in my life hunting Waupaca County and not seeing a single deer on stand, was last Saturday Morning.  What a disappointment.  All of those times in a stand there, and finally, I did not see a deer while on stand.

rll77

Postby rll77 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:57 pm

hello guys and gals . im new here . just checking things out. gotta decent eight with bow a couple of weeks ago. Been slow since.  Got a question, probably need to start a new post, but I live in MS. , and was wondering, does every state use a tagging system except AL and MS.  ???   We just drop em and drag em down here!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:44 pm

I harvested a doe early in the season, and have passed about a dozen young bucks. Tonight I saw a 180" class buck about a hundred yards from my stand. The buck must have saw a doe, because after a few minutes he turned back the direction he came from. Good season here!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

bigdeer

Postby bigdeer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

I am not having much luck, I have seen deer ever day I went out, all but 3 days.
I put the wind in my face and the Deer have been coming in down wind of me this year
And the deer don't run?????(no sent lock) I just can‘t get a shot with my crossbow or the deer have been 125 yards or more and I run out of time.
????????Ohio rut ??????????? No bucks after does ????????

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 am

It's going great, but I have to say that I've only had one bad deer season in 22 years. 1997 [:-]! I wounded and failed to recover two bucks and did not successfully fill one tag.

The only bad thing about this season is that it is nearing an end.

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 am

I am with JPH! I am having the best season of my life. 11 point and a doe. Thoe only bad thing is #1 the bow season is over.... #2 I havent been able to hunt with a gun yet this year and I might only get 4-5 days of it. Good luck to everyone else!!!

Next

Return to General Discussions