IS Michigan full of bleeding hearts?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
jci63

IS Michigan full of bleeding hearts?

Postby jci63 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:05 am

Image">

Bruce Crossing hunter shoots a rarity.
Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 5:49 p.m.

BRUCE CROSSING -- It's a six-point buck with an 18-inch spread, and it weighed 180 pounds at field dressing.

A pretty impressive deer, but nothing special, right?
Wrong. It was an albino deer that was shot on Tuesday in the Bruce Crossing area by a Bruce Crossing man who asked TV6 not to use his name.

The hunter esitmates the deer was between four and five years old.

He plans to mount the entire body somewhere in town for everyone to see. He's open to suggestions.

How rare are albino deer? Biologists estimate they occur in about one in every 30,000 births. And unfortunately, most albino fawns don't survive to adulthood.

albino
Posted by BILL ANDERSON, BRUCE CROSSING - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 6:21 p.m.

The deer in the picture was basically a TAME DEER,he has been in the area for a long time and is the last of his kind here.You know this to be a fact as the boy would would not show his face or give his name.It is truly a sad thing.

what a fool
Posted by m p, yooper n the D - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 7:06 p.m.

this guy is a coward. whether it is illegal or not it was stupid to shoot a special albino deer. 1 in 30000. of course he only did it for show. most people would want to see it in the wild not on some street in town dummy. as for the abortion comment. this story has nothing to do with killing humans. go comment on a story about the actual topic u fool. since you mention it i think abortion should be legal. i think a woman should have a right to choose. i bet that really ticks u off now doesnt it:)

Albino Deer
Posted by Erin Stratton, Green Creek - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 9:06 p.m.

I was under the assumption that shooting an albino was illegal, as others were as well; but does this hunter know the law, or is that why he remained anonymous? I just hope that he doesn't try to earn money from this and uses this opportunity for good and education. An albino living this long is an anomaly, and unique; but bad karma for those that use it for profit and gain. It is only a deer, but a very special one, and possibly one of a kind; and we need to respect that.

a little strange
Posted by Yooper 4 life, UP - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 9:16 p.m.

I am not a hunter but I do love to eat venison... BUT come'on this is just down right strange... Does not seem like good sportsmanship if you ask me... I mean are there not enough deer that you could just shoot a normal one? I don't feel bad for the deer or anything... just might have been nice to leave it out there in the wild I guess....for everyone to enjoy... It just seems wrong....Just because it is not a LAW it does not mean the general pubic thinks its right...

tsk tsk
Posted by Laura Ray, Ishpeming - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 9:25 p.m.

What a shame, but then again every single animal dying for the sake of sport is a shame. Being a vegetarian I cannot even imagine killing any color deer, but I do understand that some people actually do hunt to feed their families. It just seems to me that the majority of hunters do it for the sport, the thrill, the possibilty of a trophy mount to hang on their wall. I think it's interesting to imagine another lifetime where we aren't the hunters but the hunted and our heads were hung on walls. hmmmm I wish I could take all the critters and protect them through this time. Gosh, they don't hurt anybody!!!

Coward!
Posted by C L, BRUCE CROSSING - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 10:43 p.m.

It is absolutely ridiculous to say he is going to mount that deer somewhere here in bruce crossing for everyone to see. That deer was an amazing sight and practically tame. Be a real hunter and take a deer that isn't almost hand fed!!!

The Mighty Hunter
Posted by Anne J, Marquette - Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 11:09 p.m.

It's a shame that because of someone's selfishness in wanting to mount an albino deer that now something so rare and special has been taken away for young and old to admire.

WHY?
Posted by shane pittsley, baraga mi - Friday, November 21, 2008 at 12:16 a.m.

Why would any experienced hunter want to shoot a animal of this raritey. this is just wrong. i have been hunting for over 21 yrs. and have not seen an animal of this beauty. use some self control and let it go, if you need to shoot an animal to get in the news come see me. you need to learn what hunting is all about. its being out there and having fun, not shooting a rare animal.

http://wluctv6.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=225326

paulie

RE: IS Michigan full of bleeding hearts?

Postby paulie » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 am

Ok, I didnt read "all" the comment's(most but not all). I personally would have no problem shooting an albino deer as long as it was not a fawn(dont shoot the babies!!) or a yearling buck (try to let em grow up)!   After reading some of the comment's, I guess there are some "bleeding hearts" here in Michigan (and every where else I'm sure). I honestly dont see what the big deal is, yes it's different, yes, it's beautiful, ALL whitetails are beautiful!! As for the dumb bitch that said "if he wanted to shoot something shoot a wolf. I think they should put a bounty on wolves, hope they shoot more of them"! Uh, wolves are endangered(dumbass), whitetail's are not!! Not to mention, wolves are beautiful animals to!!  Perhaps they should put a bounty on "stupid" (talk about a money maker)!  It just goes to show, some people will bitch about anything!!

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:58 am

I doubt those comments came from real hunters. Its meat and its delicous. "what a shame"...lmao
Sounds like a bunch of granola eating tree huggers to me.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 am

In answer to the question, is Michigan full of bleeding hearts.....why would Michigan be different than the rest of the Country?

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:08 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

In answer to the question, is Michigan full of bleeding hearts.....why would Michigan be different than the rest of the Country?

indeed

none of us are safe or immune from them
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Return to General Discussions