Heavy Rain & The Rut

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Jawbone

RE: Heavy Rain & The Rut

Postby Jawbone » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:18 am

I find 1 of my favorite times to be on stand is just when the rain is about to quit.  It seems they always move in the drizzle or immediatly  after the rain stops.  I always have rain gear in my arsenal.  
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:07 pm

I was out opening day of NY firearms this Saturday.  Rained pretty much from daylight to the end of the day...on and off, heavy at times.  Personally the only deer I saw was as I was exiting the woods (figures), my other two hunting buddies saw nothing as well.  Heard a half dozen shots off in the distance, so I'd say as far as the northern Catskills go, it was fairly slow.  Still it was great to be out there, even though I was soaked to the bone.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:14 am

Northern Indiana - I was out Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dealt with wind and rain on all days. saw pleanty of deer, but opening day of firearms was quiter than most (I'm still bow hunting trying to fill last archery tag with a buck) Had three small bucks cruise past stand (all three were 1.5 4 pointers) and saw two nicer ones, but could not call them in. Upcoming weekend looks a little nicer (not much) so we'll see what happens.

Good hunting!
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

richtaber

Postby richtaber » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 am

Opening day Saturday the 15th in New Yorks Southern Tier it rained almost continuously all day from sunup till dark.  We did see a few deer out and about but not too many, nor did we hear anywhere near as much shooting.  I finally said to heck with it mid afternoon because I did not want to abuse my rifle any more; even my ground blind was leaking. Sunday was cooler and very windy, saw a few more and even got a nice doe sunday am.

Previous

Return to General Discussions