Do you get spooked walking too your stand?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Sailfish

Do you get spooked walking too your stand?

Postby Sailfish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Does anything spook you walking to or from your stand in the dark?
Ever been spooked?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

fasteddie

RE: Do you get spooked walking too your stand?

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 pm

I have been spooked just once . My son and I were going to our stands two seasons ago . My son went his way and I started down toward mine . I heard something make a screaming noise about 100 yards ( ? a guess ) down the trail to my stand . I have no idea what it was and I am glad I didn't meet up with whatever made the noise . If animals can sense fear , it would have sensed me !

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 pm

had a few chills hearin coyotes yippin and howlin less than a hundred yards away more than once.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Lions, and tigers, and bears...oh my!

I've been bear hunting just once, and I got freaked out everytime in and out.  I especially was nervous bringing in bait.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Wow. Dunno how to say this a politically correct way, so I`ll be the jerk I always am and just say it, but.......

If you get scared walking to your stand in the dark, you probably should stay home with the women and children. Then maybe you can find someone to gut your deer so you don`t have to get messy.

Wow.

[8|]

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Can't say that I a have.  Not a lot of things to fear hear in the buckeye state.  My answer may be different in another region.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

Wow. Dunno how to say this a politically correct way, so I`ll be the jerk I always am and just say it, but.......

If you get scared walking to your stand in the dark, you probably should stay home with the women and children. Then maybe you can find someone to gut your deer so you don`t have to get messy.

Wow.

[8|]

hunter480,
I'm never one to be "politically correct", but your comments are quite childish.  I'm sure there are certain situations (new territory, age of hunter, game being hunted (i.e. bears) that could cause the hunter to become spooked.  Who are you to judge.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:29 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Wow.

[8|]

hunter480,
I'm never one to be "politically correct", but your comments are quite childish.  I'm sure there are certain situations (new territory, age of hunter, game being hunted (i.e. bears) that could cause the hunter to become spooked.  Who are you to judge.

Childish?????

And being afraid of walking to your deer stand in the dark isn`t?

Can you keep a straight face while you type that?

[8|]

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:33 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Wow.

[8|]

hunter480,

Childish?????

And being afraid of walking to your deer stand in the dark isn`t?

Can you keep a straight face while you type that?

[8|]

Grow up 480.  I was referring to bear hunting in my original comment above.  I've personally never been "afraid" going to my deer stand, but who's to fault someone if they were. Example, a brand new hunter on his first time by himself trying to find his stand in the dark.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Easy man, I was just stating theres not a whole lot too fear here.  I don't even know what your first post was.  Geeeesh.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Next

Return to General Discussions