Do you get spooked walking too your stand?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Patriot

RE: Do you get spooked walking too your stand?

Postby Patriot » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Squirrelhawker,
What a story!  You should start a new thread and tell us more about your book.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Unbelievable this guy! 

You give all Indiana folks here a bad name!  Show of hands here who would like to see this guy removed. permanantly.  Maybe you should stop harassing folks here and just leave, or Hopefully, you just get flushed down the toilet with Indiana's economy!  I did pm some fellow posters here about you and read your past posts. Your own words, "jerk", say everything that needs to be said. You sure don't represent yourself too well.  I think alot of people in this forum would have kicked you out of their own deer camps the first night and tossed your arse in the snow!  I'm guessing your just lonely and have a low self esteem that you must constantly harass others to make you feel better?  I think a letter to the admin is in order!  We've all had enough of your negativity.
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:36 pm

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

Unbelievable this guy! 

You give all Indiana folks here a bad name!  Show of hands here who would like to see this guy removed. permanantly.  Maybe you should stop harassing folks here and just leave, or Hopefully, you just get flushed down the toilet with Indiana's economy!  I did pm some fellow posters here about you and read your past posts. Your own words, "jerk", say everything that needs to be said. You sure don't represent yourself too well.  I think alot of people in this forum would have kicked you out of their own deer camps the first night and tossed your arse in the snow!  I'm guessing your just lonely and have a low self esteem that you must constantly harass others to make you feel better?  I think a letter to the admin is in order!  We've all had enough of your negativity.

Aww...go easy on 'ol 480. He's just another cantankerous, opinionated old fart like I am.

It comes with age! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Yeah, the first time I heard a pack of coyotes howlin' and hollerin' right after dusk... I was a lil bit skeered. I'd never heard them that close before.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Nothing better than heading out before daylight and walk back the same trail ya walked in on and notice a cougar or two walked in your tracks, I dont care who you are it makes ya think a little..
 I didn't get to spooked but stared down a bear at 10 feet he lost the dogs a little in the crick, and I was standing in the trail he wanted to go up, I had no gun as he wasn't suppose to be there I was just listening to the dogs, anyway my buddy ran down and the bear never saw him he was fixed on me and he shot him in the bean at about 12 steps...263 pounds dressed..
 and had a bear real close getting dogs off of one at midnight one day ran the bastard all day and night, he woofed at me a little over arms reach away and made me wish I  wasn'tt here at that exact moment...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Squirrelhawker,
What a story!  You should start a new thread and tell us more about your book.

If I ever get the second round of editing done you're all invited to the cyber-party [;)]

Seriously though, that experience changed me. Intellectually I know it was a fluke caused by many things, but when you have to go through it you carry at least a little piece of it with you. I work with wildlife of all species as part of my job. Any hunter laboring under the delusion that deer are harmless, needs to seriously rethink it. The Lord in his infinite mercy made deer vegetarians and gray squirrels small. Had he saw fit to do otherwise humans would be living underground.

RNC

Postby RNC » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:28 am

I dont know if spooked is the right word but in the begining of the season I am a little more unsettled walking in/out in the dark then I am later in the season. I think its partly work related. While I got used to working nights on dogwatch you could still see a fair distance which is vitally important if your making a traffice stop for at a domestic or whatever your dealing with. With the leaves still up in the early season you just cant see that far in the woods. As the leaves come down over the fall I am more relaxed. 

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:02 pm

I watched too many horror movies when i was younger. Someone else said about always having a feeling of something watching them, well i have that feeling too when i am going into the woods to hunt. I think it's odd though, that if i go into or out of the woods, day or night, with no weapon and no intention of hunting or killing anything, I don't have that feeling. I've had little bucks in the rut come to within 5 yards of the base of my tree as i was climbing down out in my climber, more than once, that got me thinking. Like alot of others said, it's just human to feel that nervous/somethings gotta be watching you feeling. Just try to ignore it. As for you hunter480, and i don't think im exaggerating, I havent read 1 freaking post on this site since i joined where you havent been disrespectful to someone or made fun of someones opinion. You're the only person on this site like that. You haven't done it to me, but it really bothers me when low self-esteemed people like YOU take your frustrations out on everyone else. Especially on a site where we are all alike and should all get along. Well, Everyone seems to get along with one another except YOU. Get a life. I don't care how old you are, you have no right to bash people constantly. You need kicked off this site if all you're going to do is be a smart*** to everyone.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Let me make a correction, I Personally haven't seen a Thread, (not a post), where you haven't been disrespectful. I'm sorry for blowing up on you but you got me just a little fired up. You really need to watch what you say sometimes because you're either ticking off or offending, I'd say it's safe to say, ALOT of people on this site. Why all the negativeness? It's very easy to be a kind human being. Try it. I'm done now, and i'm going to go back to the kind and respectful person that i am towards other kind and respectful people.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm

up
ORIGINAL: bowtech21

Let me make a correction, I Personally haven't seen a Thread, (not a post), where you haven't been disrespectful. I'm sorry for blowing up on you but you got me just a little fired up. You really need to watch what you say sometimes because you're either ticking off or offending, I'd say it's safe to say, ALOT of people on this site. Why all the negativeness? It's very easy to be a kind human being. Try it. I'm done now, and i'm going to go back to the kind and respectful person that i am towards other kind and respectful people.

You`re awfully thin skinned. Nope, I`m not politically correct. Yup, I`m rough around the edges. Yup, I`m extremely opinionated.

Put me on ignore. Do what ya gotta do to not be offended by me. I have as much right as anyone here to express my views. Simply because I don`t meet your criteria for socially acceptable, doesn`t make me less than entitled to air my views here.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions