What kind of broadheads should i use???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
paulie

RE: What kind of broadheads should i use???

Postby paulie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Ok, I'm reading alot of "exit hole" statements here. We're talking about broadheads, not bullets, your exit hole is going to be the same as your entry hole! I know, I'm "off the subject" here(oh well) I just wanted to make my point! As for which broadhead, I shoot Thunderheads, their sharp, tough, and they get the job done!

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:09 pm

that is cool
that is an unreal exit wound
u should get a picture of that on here
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:21 am

When I used fixed blades I shot Thunderheads awesome broadhead always worked. I now shoot mechanicals and I shoot the Rage 2 blade flies nicer than any fixed blade and does way more damage in my experience...

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:30 am

I shoot the Rage 2 blade for deer and G5  montecs for bunnies in late season and coons/possums anytime.  I do this cause they are 1 piece and easy to sharpen and varmints usually mean a lot of dirt time on the head.  I would not shoot a paper target with a MX4 muzzy.  I shot a coon earlier in the year and did not get the coon or a pass through.  The next day on the same stand I killed a doe in her tracks with a pass through spine shot with the rage.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:40 am

I've shot all of the specific heads listed there as well, they all shoot well. it's really a matter of preference. i currently shoot the rage 2 blade and they work excellent. G5 montecs are my next favorite.

Previous

Return to General Discussions