Brand of Bows?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
fireflyparamedic

RE: Brand of Bows?

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:37 am

I currently shoot the G5 Quest. My first bow was the Hoyt Rebel.
firefly

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:48 pm

How do you like the g5? I may be wrong but is that the old Ross bow redone by g5?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:36 am

I shoot a Jennings Buckmaster.  It is the first bow I purchased, and it still works, at least it did last night.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:54 am

ORIGINAL: schlupis

Hunter480 that is your issue with mathews they stated the truth about another bow company. Get over it. I believe every company that makes a product rippes on the other company stating their product is better thats how it works.. I figured with how YOU attack everybody on here you wouldnt find that offensive. How do you pick which vehicle to drive they all attack the other.

I believe from some of you other post you shoot a pse. Pete Shepley has gone on tv and in magazines and stated every other bow on the market is not as good as the x-force because it is so fast which makes it better blah blah blah. How come you didnt find this offensive or a attack on all other bow manufactures, probably because you like PSE. Browning attacked Mathews in a ad once before with their illusion bow do you now hate Browning?

And please stop bringing your faith into every post. You dont always act very christian like with the way you address people always trying to start some kind of conflict. It would be nice if you could address people in here like you would to their face in a mature manner, because I highly doubt you talk to people face to face like you do on this forum.

I can take the criticism, I`m a big boy, so let me address your concerns with me......

I don`t believe I attack anyone. Am I caustic at times? Absolutely. Am I impatient? You bet. I`ve been told I have a temperament like that of Bob Knight, I took it as a compliment, even though it wasn`t intended as such. When I was a Quarterback, the word used was, firey, to describe my attitude. Could I stand to try to learn a slightly more tolerant approach to people in general? Certainly. I`ll keep working to get there. In the meantime, I am what I am.

As for leaving my faith behind, sorry, not happening. Admittedly, I`m not a good example of the Christian faith. All my report cards read the same: Doesn`t play well with others". The Christian faith teaches not just tolerance of others, but more than that, teaches caring and concern. I struggle with all that in regards to people most times. So in truth, I`m not a model at all of what the Christain should look like, but I`m certainly the perfect model of why we all need Christ, so I suppose I serve some purpose after all.

It`s a tough deal if my dislike of mathews disturbs you, because, exactly like you, I`m entitled to my view, my opinion. I`m extremely critical of people/things I`ve found to be lacking in key attributes, as well as extremely loyal to people/things I believe are worthwhile.

Most times I play rough, but I`d assumed I was playing with adults who could discuss, debate without needing to be coddled. Apparently in some cases, I was mistaken.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 am

480, I share your dislike of Matthews for different reasons, but ONE THING needs to be remembered. Matthews created the Genesis bow and is instrumental in the world wide success of NASP. Buying a Matthews bow helps continue this vital program. I personally will not own a Matthews or a High Country, but I will never disparage Matthews efforts to reach the youth of the world with the sport of archery(WHICH I BELIEVE YOU DID NOT).

There are definitely comparable bows at a lesser cost on the market and I always default to them. Browning was my bow of choice for 8 years. Whichever bow you choose, you owe it to the sport and the game you pursue to know as much as you possibly can about it.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Hunter480, I dont have a tough time with your dislike of Mathews. I just dont see your reasoning for it. I dislike chevy trucks but not because of their advertising. I have tried them and they dont measure up for me but atleast I have tried them. I belive if you would go in and shoot a Mathews bow with a open mind you would find that your PSE doesnt match up. I too awhile back did not care for Mathews bows until I decieded to shoot one shortly after they started putting the Harmonic Dampener system in and from the first arrow I knew the top of the line High Country I was shooting was not in the same league. So maybe give it a try.

I dont think anybody here needs to be coddled I think we are all adults here but please before you point the finger at who acts like a adult and who a child please read half of your post you are always childish and antagonistic and then eventually you start name calling. None of your post have any good advise or information aimed at helping your fellow hunters but you sure can talk down on people.

There is a video on Youtube if you would like to watch on the founder of Mathews maybe clear some things up. Type in Matt McPherson interview on Billy Graham Television.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:05 pm

Don't do it!  It has the reference to Christianity to it.  And we all know, on God's left hand, is Hunter480.  Not Matt McPherson.  Get ready to build your Ark!  A storms a coming!

"To begin a relationship with Jesus Christ
1-800-631-7141
www.billygraham.org
"

Although, now that I think of it.  I played hookie yesterday when I shot my doe, and I said while I was in my stand "Please, make this be worthwhile"...about 10 minutes later...crunch, crunch crunch.  I didn't pray or anything.  I just said, do this or I'm screwed.  Of course there wasn't any doubt in my mind, the deer usually come past my stand close to dark.  The tenderloins sure were delicious tonight.  Thanks Matt McPherson (even though I wasn't shooting a Mathews).

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 am

i shoot a '06 Hoyt Reflex because some guy sold it to me cheap and it is a great bow. i am really happy with the groups that it shoots

bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Previous

Return to General Discussions