Brand of Bows?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
hunter480

RE: Brand of Bows?

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:50 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: paulie

I shoot a Mathews DXT. As for being 'over priced', take a look at any 'top shelf' bow on the market today, and you will find, that a Mathhews is no more overpriced than any other!

[8|]

Hunter480, maybe I missed something but I do not understand your beef with Mathews. While I do not shoot one right now, I fully intend to move up to one in the next year or so. I have shot them and I consider them to be the best on the market. I am no techie, but I have loved what I have seen of them. Not to mention that they have been so successful, I do not need to worry about my ability to find parts or service.

If you can explain it to me without a major thread hijack, I'd like to hear it. If it would be too long, please start a new thread.

As I stated in a previous thread, the, so called, "Christian" founder of Mathews launched an all-out attack on Hoyt several years back, and I took serious offense to that.

JPH, I believe you know, I`m fiercely loyal when I believe it`s warranted,
and also, fiercely antagonistic when I believe it`s warranted.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 am

As I stated in a previous thread, the, so called, "Christian" founder of Mathews launched an all-out attack on Hoyt several years back, and I took serious offense to that.

Two questions.

1. How has the faith of the Mathews founder come to your attention? Have they used that to market bows or is it just who he is?

2. What sort of "attack" was launched at Hoyt?

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:56 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Two questions.

1. How has the faith of the Mathews founder come to your attention? Have they used that to market bows or is it just who he is?

2. What sort of "attack" was launched at Hoyt?

1.) His faith was brought up in several pieces and television spots describing what a "special"guy he was in the world of hunting due to his "faith".

2.) The attack on Hoyt was brutal as well as extremely sarcastic.....I don`t remember exactly what year it happened, but was within the last 4 or 5. It was simply caustic....and when I contacted the "Christain" Mathews company, I basically was told, it is what it is, get over it......

I am not dumb, I read between the lines, as well as "see" what`s what. I hold people accountable for what they proclaim they are, as well as how they act out.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 am

Your answer is pretty evasive. You have not shown me anything that proves that Mathews is marketed as a Christian company and you have not sighted any specific information about the "attack".

I would think that if you were to hold a grudge like this, you would remember when it started. I would also think that if you were going to write off other Christians for their sins, you would approach others with a more Christ-like attitude yourself. Just above you admitted to being "antagonistic" and you have been know to treat others pretty harshly (see the Scent Killer thread).

I too suffer from a temper and am often guilty of violating the Commandments. I am a sinner. No doubt, you are as well. Maybe we should welcome all those who claim Christ. Maybe we should welcome all those who do not. Maybe we should lead by example and accept the failings of others.

...and maybe Mathews does make a good bow.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 am

Without a doubt I tend to treat others harshly.....we`re all big kids.....if you don`t want the heat, get out of the kitchen. Especially when it comes to how you deal with everyone. Hence my outlook on accountability in regards to what you say, and how you back it up with research and information.

As far as remembering when Mathews made their vicious attacks on Hoyt, why would I remember exactly when it happened? When it happened isn`t my concern....the fact that it DID occur is my issue. Ever see Pacino in Scent of a Woman? He said that he didn`t remember something because it wasn`t important to him. Same here.

I`m not politically correct, ever. If you want warm and fuzzy, ummmmm, not happening here.

If you want real, honest and relevent, ok, you found the place. You need validation and hugs, nope. Not here. You wanna be adult, show responsibility for yourself and offer substance.....here`s where I am.

Sorry if that offends some, but, that`s the way it is.

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:58 am

Sorry to jump in here but Matt McPherson ( the so called Christian founder of Mathews) has done alot for archery and people involved with archery. He and his wife record Christian music and they are proud of their relationship with God. Both of his businesses are very successful and their customer service is top notch. Why wouldn't he be recognized for his achievements? He has put bows in countless kids hands and his involvement with the nasp program has given archery a chance in the schools. If you would read up on him you would find out that he is a very humble man and would rather stay out of the spotlight. Why do people have to cut down Mathews? If you don't like their bows don't buy one.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 am

When it comes to being Brand Loyal , I am not . I liked my Golden Eagle Evolution , my Parker EZ Draw and now my Ben Pearson TX-4 . If there had been a decent Bowtech dealer around a few years ago , I probably would have bought one of their products . Most of the Bow Companies make excellent products . Folks have brand loyalty like they do sports teams . If a bow fits you and feels good when you shoot it , then it's the right bow !

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

Sorry to jump in here but Matt McPherson ( the so called Christian founder of Mathews) has done alot for archery and people involved with archery. He and his wife record Christian music and they are proud of their relationship with God. Both of his businesses are very successful and their customer service is top notch. Why wouldn't he be recognized for his achievements? He has put bows in countless kids hands and his involvement with the nasp program has given archery a chance in the schools. If you would read up on him you would find out that he is a very humble man and would rather stay out of the spotlight. Why do people have to cut down Mathews? If you don't like their bows don't buy one.

As is the situation of anyone who puts themselves in the public spotlight, this fellow is held to the scrutiny of the public, i.e. me.

When you further than that, i.e. blast someone elses marketing as this "good Christian" man did, he invites further scrutiny. If you don`t want the scrutiny, shut up and stay in the background. Otherwise, deal with the backlash of your advertising and attacks. Period.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:08 pm

i dont shoot a matthews but i do remember an add campaign where matthews claimed the science behind the cam and a 1/2 technology wasn't as claimed. i dont remeber it being vindictive or evil. nothing more than our product is better because......

john 8:7
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

i dont shoot a matthews but i do remember an add campaign where matthews claimed the science behind the cam and a 1/2 technology wasn't as claimed. i dont remeber it being vindictive or evil. nothing more than our product is better because......

john 8:7

If you remember correctly, the ad campaign was a full page add, with the headline, "What are they thinking!!!!!!!!!!". And yes, it was very attacking.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions